Revisiting a prog power classic imo

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
You know when Edu joined Angra, I was pretty happy, becuase they came back with some extra balls that had been lacking in some of their previous releases with Matos. That being said, I have been on a Angels Cry and Fireworks kick lately, those are two awesome albums even when the remain balless on the vocals but still a pretty damn great couple of albums, muscially. I know alot of Angra fans didn't care so much for Fireworks, I am not sure why, I like it better than Holy Land, which a great album too. Maybe its all about time and how we precieve things now as compared to a few years ago?

Bear

NP: Angra - Angels Cry

Should I even bother saying anything about Angra? hahahaha

Fireworks rules. Two of my favorite Angra songs are on it. Fireworks and Gentle Change!! Great call Bear, uploading Fireworks into my Ipod now!

I've been an Angra fan since I first heard Angel's Cry. They haven't put out an album that I don't like, but personally I do prefer Edu much more than Andre.

I haven't listened to Fireworks yet. Definately prefer Edu on vocals, but Matos is not that bad. Well, sometimes his voice can turn a bit annoying. But Angra has impressed me since day one. First album I listened to was Holy Land. Loved it. It wasn't until I saw them live at PPIII that I became a huge fan. Shaman first record was very good too.

Angels Cry is by far the best Power Metal of all time, in my humble opinion :)

But Holy Land is Angra's best album.. One power metal song (ZITO) doesn't make that album power metal..

All other albuns are OK (except Rebirth, a giant turd), but they are not nearly as good as their early classics :)