Revisiting Tad Morose.....

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Played various songs from Undead, Matters of the Dark and Modus Vivendi and still working on some of Undead as I speak..... blown away again by this era of the band. No offense to Urban, Christer, Anders, Peter, and Daniel but what the hell were they thinking splitting up ? I wish I had a twelve pack of beer, them in a room and five legs because I would have all five feet shoved three feet up their collective asses.
This has been a pretty good year for metal and I haven't HAD to go back to stuff from a few years ago, but I haven't really heard an "in your face" type power-metal act put together anything close to what Tad Morose did with that line-up. Too band......:erk:

Bryant

I have been listening to alot of Tad Morose from this era lately myself! and I must agree! I will join you in that asskicking contest Bryant! ... though I must admit to being quite curious as to what they will do with Joe

Modus Vivendi is pretty much flawless but I don't think they quite mastered the heavy keyboardless direction on Undead and Matter of the Dark. Both are fine albums but a bit spotty IMO. I actually prefer the doomy Mended Rhyme over those, even if the production is rather weak.

Class act anyway and they had a great run with Urban. I too am eagerly awaiting the stuff with Joe Comeau, he seems like a fine match initially.

I feel the same Bryant, TM seemed to have found a special chemistry with Urban on board and I still play these 4 albums on a regular basis. Maybe we're wrong, as we don't know what really happened behind the scenes during the last years...

But I must admit that I'm not too excited by a new version of TM fronted by Comeau (even though he's the singer of my favorite Annihilator album!). I mean he was a top singer in Liege Lord but his voice has aged and sounds different now, I don't know if he still fits in a modern melodic metal band. We'll see...

Fangface said:
But I must admit that I'm not too excited by a new version of TM fronted by Comeau (even though he's the singer of my favorite Annihilator album!). I mean he was a top singer in Liege Lord but his voice has aged and sounds different now, I don't know if he still fits in a modern melodic metal band. We'll see...

:OMG:

Have you heard him RAGE with Annihilator? He was AWESOME! imho he has not aged one bit. He only got better! Seriously Flo I don't know what you are talking about. It seems we have some disagreement going here.

But thats fine! :)

:OMG:

Have you heard him RAGE with Annihilator? He was AWESOME! imho he has not aged one bit. He only got better! Seriously Flo I don't know what you are talking about. It seems we have some disagreement going here.

But thats fine! :)
There is not so much disagreement actually ;)
As I said Comeau sang on "Carnival Diablos" which is my favorite Annihilator record (yes, I rank it higher than "Alice in Hell"), and Joe was a big part of it.

He was spot on with Annihilator, I do agree with that, but Tad Morose is a completely different animal. Going from a thrash metal band to a much more melodic, emotive and mid-paced act isn't the easiest transition to make.

Modus Vivendi is pretty much flawless but I don't think they quite mastered the heavy keyboardless direction on Undead and Matter of the Dark. Both are fine albums but a bit spotty IMO. I actually prefer the doomy Mended Rhyme over those, even if the production is rather weak.

Class act anyway and they had a great run with Urban. I too am eagerly awaiting the stuff with Joe Comeau, he seems like a fine match initially.

While I respect your opinion, you might want to break out "Matters of the Dark" again. I agree that "Undead" was spotty due to the fact Daniel had just joined the band and he and Urban had just started feeling each other out as far as writing together, but I didn't get that feeling with MotD. Although a different monster than MV, I found there to be very little filler. In fact, that was the TM album that I heard first and it absolutley ripped my head off.

Bryant

I feel the same Bryant, TM seemed to have found a special chemistry with Urban on board and I still play these 4 albums on a regular basis. Maybe we're wrong, as we don't know what really happened behind the scenes during the last years...

Well...... I have heard both sides of the story and frankly I think both parties are exaggerrating about the whole deal. I simply think Urban and Christer simply didn't get along well and there was a bit of a power struggle. It was really no one's "fault."
As far as Joe not sounding good in TM, well........ Annihilator, they are not, but despite being "powermetal" they certainly aren't Helloween either. Christer really has seemed to really have developed into a guy that really likes writing the heavy stuff.

Bryant

There is not so much disagreement actually ;)
As I said Comeau sang on "Carnival Diablos" which is my favorite Annihilator record (yes, I rank it higher than "Alice in Hell"), and Joe was a big part of it.

He was spot on with Annihilator, I do agree with that, but Tad Morose is a completely different animal. Going from a thrash metal band to a much more melodic, emotive and mid-paced act isn't the easiest transition to make.

Urban is a Ronnie Dio fan and doesn't particularly like double-bass drums etc. He might have been one of the main factors in the "mid-tempo" stuff TM has made for a good bit. Having said that though... the Undead... forward era was far from thrash, but I would still say they were a pretty heavy band. Reminds me a bit of Howe era Metal Church but with harmony vocals. The music was heavy, but the vocals were emotic etc. Urban is some hard shoes to fill. Not only is he a great vocalist. but one of the best frontmen I have ever seen in my life. Definitely top five, and I have seen a bunch.

Bryant