Revolted Masses: Free Multitracks with real drums for you (+free CDs!)

yep, the raw tracks are totally fine. except for 2 things:

one is the built-in gating. the china cymbal ended up unusable for me, and toms needed lots of automation to get rid of leftover spill before and after hits. would have liked them more without any gating (and compression, where applied)

two is this:
http://i44.tinypic.com/330hd90.jpg
download error, or glitch from hardware gating?
anyway, problems solved, vocals next :Smokin:

More and more mixes as I am revisiting the thread, that's great! It would be nice if you took the time to mention some aspects of the processing, or something you did that it is worth-mentioning. ;)

Unfortunately, the DIs are not available, I deleted them after reamping. :/

As for the clipping, you are absolutely right: some people have noticed some “spikey” parts, at the kick.

The reason is that in my mix for our full length, I completely replaced the kick, so I wasn't paying attention to properly crossfade the clips after editing (clips wouldn't be audible so why waste time? :p ). Sorry about that, hope you can edit them if you use natural kick.

Finally took the time to listen to the mixes! I am not an expert, but I feel like writing down a brief opinion for each one. Hope I am not forgeting someone:

Eric Monsonis:
I really like it, I love the way you mixed the bass, and its massive sound. Did you distort it by the way? I also noticed you blended the vocals in a nice way. Cheers, great work!

Niol:
Nice attempt man! Overally, I feel there are phasing issues, especially at the guitar tracks and maybe drums? Nice try overall though!

Dekdi:
Same as above. I feel that everything is coming somewhat “outside” the speakers, (especially the guitars|), due to weird panning. Loved the automation on some parts, and the delay throws, cheers!

VasDim:
It is obvious you went for a more natural result, which is always fun to do! There are some clipping issues if I am not mistaken! Nice effort! :)

xXxMetalJunkiexXx:
Really balanced mix! Made it sound aggressive, cheers man! Interesting approach to the vocals too, you almost seperated the layers. Loved the automation at the end. Great!

Spede:
I can see the direction you are aiming, sounds brutal but not “plastic”. Loved the gang vox parts. Maybe you overdid it at mastering, (I feel there is audible clipping at some parts?) Great attempt nevertheless, keep it up!

Dtabs85:
Nice attempt man! I feel the midrange is a bit hollow though, but not necessarily in a bad way! Cheers, keep it up!

Sinquestsound:
Really like what you did with the mix, very balanced result, and aggressive sound. Interesting approach to make the backing vocals almost as loud as the main ones, it gives the impression there are 2 people singing! The gang vox part was great! :p Cheers man!

Iraobryan:
Can't really listen to the mix. Might be because of my internet connection! Will try again soon!

Rapucore:
Very nice attempt man! I feel there is a problem at the mid-bass area of the mix, especially when the vox kick in. I would EQ the bass more drastically. Interesting kick sample! Cheers!

By the way check out our latest upload:

I forgot to mention that you can include the mix in your portfolio/site, as long as you mention band/song name, a link to Revolted Masses FB page if possible, and please state that it is a remix for practice purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your kind comment! :) Haha, this was done on cheap-ass earbuds so the bass isn't the greatest :D sorry! :)

Sinquestsound:
Really like what you did with the mix, very balanced result, and aggressive sound. Interesting approach to make the backing vocals almost as loud as the main ones, it gives the impression there are 2 people singing! The gang vox part was great! :p Cheers man!
thx man!
Stay Metal!

alrighty, there´s my beta mix :popcorn:

no samples used, other than those included.
was a nice one to try new stuff, as it´s my first metal mix.

kept it cleaner, less pumping and exhausting than other mixes. i can´t stand getting headache from music :err:
sure it´s less "in-your-face" when quiet, but rocks when turned up loud! :devil:

don´t forget to download for higher quality ;)

hey dudes! its been awhile...so heres mine

ive found the guitars kinda difficult for me to make it fit in but eventually we made peace...
edit: updated mix

Hello guys!

this is my work in progress: Revolted Masses

I'm still working on the glue between bass, guitars and drums. Vocals and toms are still off, no automatization yet and there is just the lead vocal with a rough equalization and compression..... there is still lot of work.

What do you think, it is the right way to go?

Here you go mate:

Sorry for murdering your intro :)

Cheers, Shay

Nice, some new mixes! Brief opinion on mixes so far (vol 2!)

iraobryan:
Link is now working. Cool mix man! Natural result but has some serious balls-iness too! Love how the bass is seperated from the guitars in a musical way, Overheads are too bright/trebly for me, especially when the hat kicks in. Brutal mix. Keep it up man!

miiitch:
I see what you did there! Interesting approach, always happy to see people getting away from the typical metal approach. I know the natural samples included are not the most suitable for an "in-your-face" result, but you managed to do a good job. Interesting panning of vocals at some points. Overheads sound a bit squashed above lets say 10kHz, but it might be an encoding problem. Love listening to the gang parts. Niiice :)

thicksnotsludge:
Mix is currently not available!?

ferranms:
Some really nice ideas on this one. Balsy sound. Ringing on snare is interesting too i prefer less ringing myself, but you made it sound cool. And finally i can hear the china cymbal (it was poorly recorded, so most mixes, including mine, were not china-friendly) Great!

AEB31415:
Mix is currently not available!?

Arsenu:
Now that's something different! An outro turned to intro! Or should i say a brand new song? First thing i noticed is severe de-essing on vox! Some pumping going on too, (hot Mastering approach maybe)! What is cool with your approach is that you changed the song entirely and you had creativity in mind, so cheers for that! :)