Revolted Masses: Free Multitracks with real drums for you (+free CDs!)

Hello AEB31415, nice effort man. I think it is a very fair result, keep it up!

We are going to let this "Mix 'n Win" thing for some more time, so keep it coming!

I see what you did there! Interesting approach, always happy to see people getting away from the typical metal approach. I know the natural samples included are not the most suitable for an "in-your-face" result, but you managed to do a good job. Interesting panning of vocals at some points. Overheads sound a bit squashed above lets say 10kHz, but it might be an encoding problem. Love listening to the gang parts. Niiice :)
i uploaded a 320k .mp3 to soundcloud, didn´t want to wait so long. maybe that´s why

currently improving it some, tweaking the drums and stuff

cheers :kickass:

Vaggelis_Revolted, thanks for sharing the stuff! And though I wish some guitar DIs to be present, there is a good opportunity to practice with all-live material. :)

Spede, hi!
Remember you due to MixOff forum, there are some great mixes from you. ;) Kinda rockish sounding here, did you use some samples on the drums?

Erik Monsonis, cool mix, as usual. Would be nice to hear some variant with the live drums from you as well for this song. Maybe some additional compression to the main vox might be great too to make it more think, how do you think?

sinquestsound, hi mate! :)
Fat thing, like your kick and guitars tone!

Will post my one later a bit...

This is the final version: Revolted Masses Mix v3

It sounds quite bad for me. :(
Every comment is welcome.... Let me know how much it sucks!!! :D

@miiitch: Your mix is missing some glue between the instruments, for example: guitar and bass are very separated. The snare has not enough power for this kind of song.

@spencerlogan: The mix is a little boosted around 6khz on the side (probably guitars and overhead), the cymbals are a bit too high an uncontrolled around 12khz. I like the way you processed the vocals. ;)

Obviously those comments are about what I find lacking; I hope it can be useful for you.

@miiitch: It sounds better. ;) The snare need some sustain to be glued with vocals and guitars. You need some sub-bass frequencies from the bass and the kick to achieve a deeper sound.

Did you listen my mix? What do you think about it? It sounds so horrible? :(

Did you listen my mix? What do you think about it? It sounds so horrible? :(

it was late, so i didn´t until now.
not horrible at all, just some personal preference:

- i dislike sampled drums :)
- the lead guitar has a pretty dense reverb/echo on it. might be just a tad too much, as i feel there´s some reverb missing afterwards
- lotsa low-end, but hardly any upper bass. a bit sponge-y
- the "answer vox" are quiet. maybe louder, but more distant sounding (proximity ftw, it´s free)

@ Nikolas Quemtri
whew, that one´s loud. very tiring due to heavy (sidechain) compression
why gate the bass? (2:07)
4:00+ : vocals might need a de-esser or something alike

overall not bad either, the loudness disqualifies it for me though :(

regarding my own mix: yup, i don´t like the snare sound either :D simply can´t handle it any better.
prefer a single-ply batter head with natural sustain.

bass and kick already got a buttocks of low-end, don´t want any more

fun fact: at 0:12 there´s 2 fill notes from the bass. in most mixes they are ... well, gone ^^

miiitch, hi! Appreciate your crits! :)
Actually, I've faded out the bass in a couple of places intentionally to let the guitars last soloed.

As for your mix, I'd like to hear more space on solo guitars, 'cause they're a bit narrow currently, comparing to the rest of the parts.
Nice rhythm guitars tone, BTW!

Hey all,I'm Stu, long time lurker and mixing metal noob. First mix I've actually finished in this genre, thought it was time to bite the bullet and post one. Thanks a lot Vaggelis, had a blast doing this and sure I learnt a lot, great track. And thanks for wavs, made my life easier. Normally leave feedback when I post mixes elsewhere, but really, I dont know what I'm talking about with metal. Did listen to Spede's and sinquesound's mixes, fantastic, I'm in awe of some of the people on here, dunno how you do it. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
miiitch Hey thanks for having a listen, too loud you think? Did crush the crap out of it, thought it was the thing to do! Impressed that you got those drum sounds without samples, something I had to do to get mine. In some ways I preferred your first mix, more of a unique flavour to it but thought they were both good, excellent separation between the instruments too.