Reworking an old song, Superior 2.0 content

exafro

Jul 5, 2007
What's up guys? I don't really post here too often, but that's only because I don't really have much to add. Anyway, I've decided that since I acquired Superior 2.0 that I'm going to re-record all of my old material in the hopes of possibly pressing a demo. This is the first track that I've been working on: Whirlwind.
Do you guys have any comments on the drum sound so far? It isn't finished yet, I need to overdub the guits, add bass, and fix whatever happened at 3:32. Just a little general advice, or comments would be nice.
-Denis

Thanks for listening dude, the guitars are just my Line 6 Toneport. Big Bottom through the V-30 4x12 with the 421 model micing it, I took the Bulb patch and tweaked it until I found something I liked. Single take on each side for now. The cleans are a mix of a cheap acoustic with a bunch of verb and delay, and my MP-1 direct into the Toneport using a Blackface 2x12 also with a bunch of verb and delay.

That depends really. I'd like to, but I can get pretty decent results direct in so it might not be worth it timewise to fuck around with micing everything. I do have the dry DI takes, so reamping is always an option.

yeah reamp that shit lol

This song sounds cool. I want to hear when its all done.

Have anyone to do vocals?

Thanks dude. There is this dude Josh(insurrection) who post on Harmony Central who put about a minute worth of vocals on an older version of this song and it sounds really sick. His voice is beyond awesome for the death metal thing. I haven't actually talked to him about how he would feel about me using it on an actual demo so I'd be open to have anyone throw down something on it if they were so inclined.

I knew that name looked familiar, nitrous was telling me about when you guys hung out and were playing the Sig. Maybe I steal his amps for a day or two to get some really sick tones down on tape.

-you have cool hair

-the guitar(s) on the right side (distorted rythm guitars i mean) seem louder than the left one(s).

-Is there any bass in there ? If not throw some.

-then maybe raise the guitars a bit but also brighten the guitars a bit (i find them a bit dark, which is ok if there's no bass in the mix).

-cool drums btw.

Thanks for the feedback Djab. I reworked it again today, still no bass in it but I raised the guitars, brightened em up and threw a comp on the whole mix. The guitars sound sorta bright to me now, but I think when I get a bass in there they will sit nicely. Once again, anyone hear any glaring mistakes that need fixing?