Right place. Right time.

Mortal_Dezire

Mar 31, 2007
Kearney, NE
www.myspace.com
I love stupid kids. Some poor bastard ran outta gas on the to chicago and was stranded in Kearney. A buddy of mine calls me up and says this kid is selling his guitar for money to get home.

I show up, thinking its gonna be a fuckin Hondo or something. Turns out to be a late '90's Epiphone Les Paul Custom with an emg 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck. Its a little beat up, but nothing a little polish and a truss adjustment couldn't cure.

I've seen these things go for about $600 on ebay, so I was a little nervous about the price. I asked him, and without even blinking, the kid said $75.

75!!!!!!!o_O :headbang: :heh:

I gladly handed him $80, (only had 4 20's and didn't care about the extra $5) told that dumbshit to drive safe and I spent the rest of the afternoon test driving my new purchase. I could sell it and make some decent $$$, but I like this fuckin thing! It was a good Friday the 13th!:headbang:

I love stupid kids. Some poor bastard ran outta gas on the to chicago and was stranded in Kearney. A buddy of mine calls me up and says this kid is selling his guitar for money to get home.

I show up, thinking its gonna be a fuckin Hondo or something. Turns out to be a late '90's Epiphone Les Paul Custom with an emg 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck. Its a little beat up, but nothing a little polish and a truss adjustment couldn't cure.

I've seen these things go for about $600 on ebay, so I was a little nervous about the price. I asked him, and without even blinking, the kid said $75.

75!!!!!!!o_O :headbang: :heh:

I gladly handed him $80, (only had 4 20's and didn't care about the extra $5) told that dumbshit to drive safe and I spent the rest of the afternoon test driving my new purchase. I could sell it and make some decent $$$, but I like this fuckin thing! It was a good Friday the 13th!:headbang:

Hahaha, you're gonna burn in hell for that! :D But really, that's an awesome deal. Congrats for your new tool!

Dude, I friend of mine bought an original Gibson Marauder from a crackhead for 25 dollars. The junkie deserved it.

Most crackheads don't possess nice things that aren't stolen. I'm sure it was no skin off his back. Also you may want to read this from (http://vintage-guitars.blogspot.com/2006/01/gibson-marauder.html"). It doesn't appear to be a very valuable guitar.

With that said, any gibson for $25 in decent shape is an amazing purchase. :headbang:

"When gibson introduced the gibson grabber bass in 1975 they also introduced the gibson marauder

Vintage Gibson Price Value For 2007 :
1975 - 1982 > $500 to $700 ( gibson marauder )
1976 - 1977 > $600 to $800 ( marauder custom )

gibson guitar price guide Avg Upward Trend Of 4% a Year since 2000"