Riot - Thundersteel lineup reunion?

Thanks man :headbang:.

Sure, I´ll not be disappointed. They play "Bloodstreets", the rest doesn´t care me :lol:

But I saw them 5 times in the last 4 years and I guess nobody would beat Tirelli singing "Warrior", "Outlaw"... and the special stuff about current line up is playing tunes from "Thundersteel" and "Privilege"

To me, it is a godly setlist!! I wish I had been there. But I am glad Japan tour dates announced too! I am living in Tokyo and I will Absolutely be there!

But ultravoxxx, if you are reading this, please take my opinion as one of many.
Japanese promoter announced that in Japan tour, Riot will play whole Thundersteel album. But this is like someone tells me about the end of the story before start reading a book. I don't want to know about the setlist until I am there. It is a real pleasure to be surprised when we hear the intro of each song! I want you to play songs you want to play.
I am not confident that my poor English can express my thought though...

Very cool set list posted at Mark`s web site and a video from San Antonio`s show. They are playing Thundersteel live and its good footage of the song too.

Saw it at http://markreale.com

fliper:headbang:

Hey, all...

Back in LA after Sweden Rock - what a great time! To the many thousands of friends who took the time to catch our show, thank you one and all! Your energy made it happen for all of us!

I really hope everybody enjoyed the set as much as we did, and I'm relieved that my voice held up pretty well after the serious jet lag (it's hard to back off when you have such a heavy and furious band kickin' your ass the whole time...)

Taking a break at home, then off to NYC for rehearsals next week before Metalway in Spain. Also, to our Japanese friends: I hadn't heard that we'll be doing the complete Thundersteel album. There are a few songs we've never performed so I can't promise what the list will be, but we will be doing several songs from the new album (we only did one in Sweden) so get ready for a big preview of Riot 2009!

Thanks again, everyone, for keeping the faith and believing in us after all these years. It's the only reason we're here, and we are all very grateful.

See you out there!

TM

I got this from Mark`s official web site, I`m so crazy for this game, its great to see this after so long. What kick ass information this is. :headbang:

----------------------------------------------------------------
Finally fans can enjoy playing xbox 360 with RIOT tunes on it. Announced on August 8th 2009 from Xbox 360 web site, three classic songs from RIOT will be heard while playing the game "Brutal Legend part 3" on your xbox 360.
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://MarkReale.com :worship:

I went to RIOT8808 show at Kawasaki on 24th. It was a really really fantastic show and was worth waiting for 17 years!!! The setlist was just PERFECT. I was in the front row, in front of DVS. And I was glad that 5 members of RIOT8808 seemed to have a lot of fun playing together.
ULTRAVOXX, I hope you enjoyed playing here in Japan and will come back soon. I'm looking forward to the new album out in the spring.

Hey, Friends,

First of all, I have to thank everyone who came out to see us in Texas, Sweden, Spain and Japan. It was sweeter than ever 20 years later.

I'm extremely sad to report that those will probably be the last shows I ever do with Riot.

We have differences about how to proceed with the future of the band that we can't reconcile, so a majority of the other members have decided to look for a new singer. It wasn't my decision, and there's really no good reason for us to part ways. You may hear a lot of noise from some of the other guys, but the truth is that it's all a pointless misunderstanding over a refusal to compromise.

No matter, because I've just been in touch with the rest of the guys from Faith And Fire, and we're beginning work on a new album immediately. There's no way I'm going to let a year's worth of preparation and practice go to waste. My voice is as strong as ever, and you will hear it again soon.

Thanks again to everyone who made these shows a miracle for me. Your support has kept me strong and I'll be back before you know it.

See you out there with a new Faith And Fire album in 2010!

Peace,

TM

Shit! So much for my expectations...:(

Good luck in all you endeavours Tony. I guess everybody here think the same.

Bloody hell. I talked to Bobby Jarzombek at PPUSA and he said he was very much looking forward to the new material and that much had been written.

Damn shame, but as I always say "if you think one relationship with your girlfriend is tough, try four."

Looking forward to your new stuff Tony.

That's a shame.

I don't know who Riot could get to fill Tony's shoes assuming they are writing music in a Thundersteel/TPOP mode. Maybe Mike Vescera?

Tony Harnell seems like it could be a real possibility. Although I don't know if and Mark have had contact lately or what the scoop is there.

I'd rather Mr. Moore behind the mic, but Harnell, in terms of ability and range, is pretty much the same thing (and TonyM if you're reading this, I mean that as a compliment).

Hmm, could it be it is Tony Moore shrieking on that album after all? :cool:

In any case, glad to hear the new album is indeed coming out. Also, I think this is something like the 4th or 5th official Riot website I've seen in a space of few years. It's the best looking too. Plus there's merchandise! :kickass:

I'm still hoping Tony will be the singer in Riot. I'm a big fan of the "Faith And Fire" cd also. But if Riot does not continue with Tony I would hope there would be a live cd from the shows they did.