RIP George Carlin

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
I am pretty sad by this news

LOS ANGELES - Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital Sunday, a spokesman said. He was was 71.
Carlin, who had a history of heart problems, died at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica about 6 p.m. PT after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains, spokesman Jeff Abraham told Reuters.
Known for his edgy, provocative material, Carlin achieved status as an anti-Establishment icon in the 1970s with stand-up bits full of drug references and a routine about seven dirty words you could not say on television. A regulatory battle over a radio broadcast of his "Filthy Words" routine ultimately reached the U.S. Supreme Court.
Copyright 2008 Reuters.

I was kind of holding my breath this year. I know people that are close to him that knew he was very ill this year before he went to the hospital. We kind of knew it was close.

Come on guys, I'm sure George Carlin is rolling in his grave that everyone's so miserable because he's dead. I for one, will celebrate the hilarity of the mans life today by playing some classic carlin from youtube! The guy was funny as fuck, and made me laugh until I cried, so I sure as hell am not going to be miserable now. He lives on in comedy!

RIP, George Carlin. What a funny man he was. He made me laugh until I thought I'd die. He truly blessed and enriched my life with his humor. The man never failed to put a twinkle in my eye, a chuckle in my throat and a smile on my lips! He will be dearly missed and forever loved! Here's to one of the funniest and wisest men who ever lived. Hail!:kickass::headbang::worship:

George Carlin was a brilliant man who scared the crap out of all the ultra-conservative, "politically correct" folks...we could stand to have more like him. He spoke the plain, unadulterated truth and I loved him for that. Plus he was just really damn funny in the delivery. You know wherever he is, he's still laughing at us. RIP.

I am watching him on YouTube right now. Comedy has lost a giant yesterday. Now, if Mel Brooks and Pat Cooper kick, bury comedy.

I was bummed out about this, too. It's eerie timing, since a friend and I were talking about Carlin and his career yesterday at about the same time he went to the hospital. Carlin had a lot of truly classic material. :(

It seemed to us that his later material wasn't quite as good as his older, more classic stuff...maybe because he had sobered up somewhat, maybe due to GC getting more political and (sometimes) seeming just mean-spirited....but damn, he'll be missed.

I'm gonna load up "an incomplete list of impolite words" in his honor. :kickass: