RIP Peter Steele

sad news

Peter Steele, lead singer of metal band Type O Negative, has died at the age of 48.

Steele’s friend Juliya Chernetsky from Fuse TV broke the news via her Twitter page.

“Peter Steele passed today. I loved my friend...our idol...my heart is with his band and family...” she said.

A second posting said that Steele had died of heart failure.

The death of Peter Steele needed conformation as the band faked Steele’s death in 2005.

6 foot 7 inch Steele was also the bass player for Type O Negative.

Steele formed his first the band Fallout in 1980had had his official first release with the EP ‘Batteries Not Included’ in 1981.

Next came Carnivore but after a few years and two albums they were over as well.

Type O Negative formed in 1990. Their most recent album was ‘Dead Again’ in 2007.

Steele had been diagnosed with clinical depression and was occasionally receiving psychiatric treatment.

While Chernetsky is a respected source, there has not been an official statement about the death of Steele at the time of publication.

Given what happened in 2005, I shant believe it til something official is posted. Somebody twittering that they heard it from Kenny, is not official.

RIP my friend my brother....

Without you in my life I would have always been that screwy little jew from the neighborhood. Thanks for not kicking my ass at the Halloween show at Roseland Ballroom! .... we had some good times my friend.

I will miss you!

And just cause you are a dick!!!

LOL I will always remember L'Amour!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Given what happened in 2005, I shant believe it til something official is posted. Somebody twittering that they heard it from Kenny, is not official.
They locked their forums for a bit. They're open again, now, but with a note that the band/family will be posting an announcement later. It's now on Blabbermouth. If it's a rumor or a joke, they've really gone all out. I don't even know what to say....