Rob Zombie is a genius

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Damn this is genius! :

Decibel: Have you ever gone onto a message board to see what people are saying about you?

Rob Zombie: "I have a couple of times, but that's bad news. I'm just baffled by how things function these days - not because I don't understand it, but because when I was a kid, everything was about why you liked something. You were obsessed with it, and you couldn't wait to get more. Now there's like this subculture of haters - people who wanna complain about everything and tell you why it's wrong. It's just such a bummer. And it seems like the more someone's a fan of something, the more they act like that. I don't get it. If you don't like something, why would you ever waste two seconds talking about it?"

Decibel: A lot of it has to do with the fact that people have total anonymity online.

Rob Zombie: "Right - that's the whole thing. You can be totally spineless. It always cracks me up when you see someone complaining on a message board all the time, and you get a mental picture of that person. And then they post a picture of themselves and you're like, 'This is the guy telling everybody how it should be done?'"

Decibel: And of course they live at home with their mom.

Rob Zombie: "Literally. All the Internet stuff is the same silly discussions kids have been having for years, but the only difference is that now it's posted for the whole world to see. When I think back to the dopey conversations I had with my friends when I was 14, I thank god no one could read them on the Internet. What the fuck did we know about anything? [Laughs] It's like, if mom's still calling you for dinner, please don't comment on anything."

I almost passed out from the flash of face/username combos that passed before my eyes!

right because nobody who doesnt look a certain way or is under a certain age should be entitled to think negatively of anything ok

He's a good businessman and has quite a vivid imagination, yet I must say that his musical ability is rather nonexistent. That drawback certainly didn't stop Gene Simmons, so... more power to him. My ex dragged me to see White Zombie live back in 96 - it was a cool stage show, but the music was shit.

He is 100% correct. If you hate something so much why spend so much time commenting on it? I don't remember the last time I actually was arguing (intelligently) about something that I absolutely hated (metal wise). Some music sucks and it is common sense to the world so it doesn't have to be mentioned. Or, someone says, I like this song/band/album. Then you will get 100 people who say it SUCKS and 50 people that will agree with you and actually have an intelligent thought. People are influenced negatively by what other "metalheads", who they don't even know, say; especially teenagers. Metal forums have turned into a bunch of elitist pricks who tells you why something sucks, and won't tell you why. Then later on in the thread it will turn into a pissing match between two idiots.

What is funny to me is........most people who says 'that album sucks, that bands sucks, that song sucks', are people who are in bands who can't get close to ever accomplishing anything in their pathetic lives. I have a friend that disagrees with me in many topics about music. He is in a band (so he thinks he is great) and they absolutely suck ass. Yet they tour, and no one gives a fuck except the girlfriends, and family members. They think that they rule the world because they are in a band, and his opinion rules all, yet he will never accomplish shit. And everything that band will put out is crap. THey have little talent. This is the case with many "metal fans" today. Yet they think they can spout off opinions like they are fact, and if someone disagrees with what they say, then that person is wrong. I hate that attitude, and many metal fans have it. Metal fans say alot "America needs to be more open minded when it comes to metal." I agree with this statement, but many metal fans need to take that same advice about their own genre.

I play drums for a hard rock band and we don't pretend to act metal because we aren't. We like metal, it is acutally our favorite genre, but we couldn't pull off metal and be good at it. We play alot classic metal/classic rock covers, and our pretty open minded guys. Metal "kids" just have this elitist attitude and it is spewed all over the place, including forums.

I am not a fan of Rob Zombie's music, but I respect him for getting to where he is today.

Plus I thought the Devil's Rejects kicked serious ass.

metalnate, your point about saying a band sucks when you're not in a band that has accomplished as much as they have does entirely sit well with me. I fucking hate it when people use this line. I can still have an opinion even if i'm not an expert.

But on the other hand, I see your point. When it gets to an extreme situation like what you mentioned, I can understand where you're coming from. That annoys me as well.

House Of 1,000 Corpses is pretty cool, so I have no problems with Rob Zombie.

I really want to see "The Devil's Rejects" though.

The Subjugator said:
House Of 1,000 Corpses is pretty cool, so I have no problems with Rob Zombie.

I really want to see "The Devil's Rejects" though.

Don't waste your time with "Rejects". It's over-produced Hollywood pomp. And his new album sounds like it will suck as well. I was a Rob Zombie fan up until about 6 months ago, and its depressing. BTW, if Rob happens to read this, I'd like to state I haven't lived with my mom for 10 years.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Don't waste your time with "Rejects". It's over-produced Hollywood pomp. And his new album sounds like it will suck as well. I was a Rob Zombie fan up until about 6 months ago, and its depressing. BTW, if Rob happens to read this, I'd like to state I haven't lived with my mom for 10 years.

I have. :lol:

No, but seriously (no offence meant Death, I thought you would be cool with a joke there, if not, well, put me down as an arsehole), I take some of what he says as correct, but I think he misses the point:

Message boards are for opinion. We discuss ideas - but the bottom line is that it's often more interesting to discuss why we dislike a band rather than like a band - and perhaps the truth is that the actual amount of bands that sucketh outweigh the amount that are great by a factor of about 10 to 1. To call people who don't like something "haters" seems utterly facile, and to profile anyone who wants to discuss metal or other music on a message board as 14yr old stay at home losers is pretty dumb too.

Rob probably harkens back to the day when we read our opinions through print media when the record companies were able to bribe the journalists and hype their average bands to hell and back. Alas, the cat is out of the bag, and we can now all discuss who actually blows ass ; all of which sounds like bad news for disco sampling crusty bearded fucks who want to shout "yeeeeeeeeeee-haaaah" at the end of every line and produce track after track of boring, ghey-as-fuck pop-rock self conciously styled on 50's monster flicks.

EDIT: ROb Zombie? Fuck off back to the 90,s cunt. Metal neither needs you or wants you.

^No offense taken Carcassian; I'd move back with my mom any minute if I could (no bills, free food, free laundry service). As far as Rob's music, I like his "track after track of boring, ghey-as-fuck pop-rock self conciously styled on 50's monster flicks", but after hearing his new song "Foxy, Foxy", all I hear is half-assed self parody and an even more watered down and commercial sound format. I like some mainstream rock, his music being included in that list, but I think he's just plain run out of a good ideas. It happens to the best of 'em: Metallica, Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson, Aerosmith, Judas Priest, Megadeth, etc., etc.

Rob Zombies movies are some of the better mainstream horror flicks. He seems like a cool person.

Atleast he does not do those scream style horror flicks, and pays some respect to more oldschool horror. I'd rather see rob zombie movies than shitty we craven movies.

Haha you listen to Shititonia

som114.jpg

haha look at the penis

http://www.season-of-mist.com/commo...NERATOR (Here comes another useless Fool).mp3