Rock Harvest

That is even more clever and make so much more sense. Yes I believe the world is flat as much as I believe heavy metal is only what is deemed worthy in a forum, just as I believe there is only one metal festival. You pegged me good Sir.

The point though as we've said is that there's an obtuse nature to your posts that is rubbing people the wrong way and rightfully so. That's actually why I pointed out how weird it was that you were so vocally opposed to the festival's charity but sponsoring the festival, because shouting such negative unsolicited opinions about an event you are SPONSORING on a board is just strange to be honest.

I've never even been to ProgPower and while I've had my disagreements with people on the board (and they've had theirs with me), I know and understand that this is a tight knit community. We don't own this board. It's not a public park. So, yeah, of course there's going to be rules here that are both written and unwritten. Constantly complaining about them is immature and edgy just for the sake of being edgy. It's one thing to call people out in a well-written post, or to point out legitimate issue, but just whining (whether it's regarding a festival you're sponsoring, or a board you're posting on) will serve no good to anyone.

tl;dr just maybe think more about what you're posting before you hit submit. It's something I know I do more and more, and it's something we can all do.

Oh and one more thing. Amidst all the comparisons that are made in whatever capacity, any comparison to PPUSA is ABSOLUTELY justified, because Glenn and his festival are the barometer that all metal fests in the US should be judged by. You can shout from here to high heaven about how x fest has more bands you like, but at the end of the day, PPUSA has been going on for so long because Glenn is a stand up dude who takes care of his bands which the vast majority of US fests do NOT DO, and because it's established a community that comes back to it time and time again.

I'm the last person to kiss ass with anyone. That's just the cold hard facts.

The point though as we've said is that there's an obtuse nature to your posts that is rubbing people the wrong way and rightfully so. That's actually why I pointed out how weird it was that you were so vocally opposed to the festival's charity but sponsoring the festival, because shouting such negative unsolicited opinions about an event you are SPONSORING on a board is just strange to be honest.

Since you have brought this up twice now, this is how it went: I purchased two VIP tickets directly from the promoter for $150.00, a week later he contacted me asking me if I wanted to vend there saying he was going to ask $700 to vend and I told him that was not possible. He then said he would let me do it for free, which was cool, I would be there anyway since I PAID for two tickets. He suggested making the announcement that I would help sponsor the festival, which only would have been additional PR. Has the festival began to fall apart I began inquiring and never got straight answers as to many others. When I told the promoter that I cannot vend at this festival because now it was no longer worth even attending much less vending and it would only cost me money (figured about $500 at least round trip) the promoter said fine maybe next year. Ok that was cool, "what about a ticket refund since this is no longer what I bought tickets for". Will there would be no refunds I was told, and why should I ask because it was a "good cause" after all. This is the time I began looking at this questionable charity. Soon after others began to inquire about refunds. Then refunds are offered to ticket holders that purchased tickets on the ticket site. I never receive that email probably because I purchased tickets directly from the promoter. Instead of receiving the email Bob pointed the screen capture out to me that was posted on Metal Sludge. I then email the promoters again, as did Paypal but no reply to me or Paypal. So yeah I think I have a reason to be a little pissed off.
I appreciate the offer to vend, I did buy tickets. I couldn't careless about the charity (because I'm a heartless bastard like that), but I would support the festival. I did not look into the charity just as no one else did simply because like most people I did not think twice about the legitimacy of it until the promoters began to cause reason of question.
So there you are, rip that apart if you like but that is the explanation.

Oh and one more thing. Amidst all the comparisons that are made in whatever capacity, any comparison to PPUSA is ABSOLUTELY justified, because Glenn and his festival are the barometer that all metal fests in the US should be judged by. You can shout from here to high heaven about how x fest has more bands you like, but at the end of the day, PPUSA has been going on for so long because Glenn is a stand up dude who takes care of his bands which the vast majority of US fests do NOT DO, and because it's established a community that comes back to it time and time again.

I'm the last person to kiss ass with anyone. That's just the cold hard facts.

"I've never even been to ProgPower"

Since you have brought this up twice now, this is how it went: I purchased two VIP tickets directly from the promoter for $150.00, a week later he contacted me asking me if I wanted to vend there saying he was going to ask $700 to vend and I told him that was not possible. He then said he would let me do it for free, which was cool, I would be there anyway since I PAID for two tickets. He suggested making the announcement that I would help sponsor the festival, which only would have been additional PR. Has the festival began to fall apart I began inquiring and never got straight answers as to many others. When I told the promoter that I cannot vend at this festival because now it was no longer worth even attending much less vending and it would only cost me money (figured about $500 at least round trip) the promoter said fine maybe next year. Ok that was cool, "what about a ticket refund since this is no longer what I bought tickets for". Will there would be no refunds I was told, and why should I ask because it was a "good cause" after all. This is the time I began looking at this questionable charity. Soon after others began to inquire about refunds. Then refunds are offered to ticket holders that purchased tickets on the ticket site. I never receive that email probably because I purchased tickets directly from the promoter. Instead of receiving the email Bob pointed the screen capture out to me that was posted on Metal Sludge. I then email the promoters again, as did Paypal but no reply to me or Paypal. So yeah I think I have a reason to be a little pissed off.
I appreciate the offer to vend, I did buy tickets. I couldn't careless about the charity (because I'm a heartless bastard like that), but I would support the festival. I did not look into the charity just as no one else did simply because like most people I did not think twice about the legitimacy of it until the promoters began to cause reason of question.
So there you are, rip that apart if you like but that is the explanation.

Based on the strawman you just posted underneath this and dodging the crux of my 100% positive constructive criticism + not understanding the difference between not 100% supporting a charity and utterly/tastelessly lampooning it, I'm concerned more than ever that there may not be hope for you on the internet.

What AS is trying to say, Jeremy, is:
3tb1.jpg

Oh come on now....
Was this last comment really necessary?????

Or are you truly just trying to score brownie points?

I don't think Glenn sees Rock Harvest as any threat in the least.

Also, what makes you think Rock Harvest is trying to compete with Prog Power?

No, I wasn't butt-kissing or trying to score brownie points. I think my 10 years coming to this festival gets me that.:D

I thought about whether ot not to post that, and I figured if someone I know is gonna base their attendance at PP on the success of an at-home festival (for us, being 20 min from the Rock Harvest venue), I'm gonna still refer them to ProgPower. And i'm seriously not trying to "score brownie points" as you put it.

After 14 shows, I don't think anyone is when they post something positive about the fest. It's just how they feel after all these years.

As I stated above, I didnt know that Rock Harvest made the comment about getting a band PP wanted, or whatever. As others pointed out, that's the reason the comparison was made in the first place....