Rock Star INXS - Little Dolls Singer!

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
For anyone interested, Sara and my side trib to Ozzy (The Little Dolls) is on hold at the moment because our singer is now on the new reality show Rock Star INXS! We wish her the best of luck, and you can help her too by tuning in and voting for her! Her name is Deanna Johnston. It all kicks off this Monday!!! They will be showing segments of the first Little Dolls show that night! :headbang:

We just got back from a live taping of some live performances by each of the contestants..........damn. Deanna sounded reaaaaaaaalllly good!!!!! :hotjump:
I think we may have lost our singer. ;) They absolutely loved her, and I think you will too!!!!! Here's the info:

Special one hour premiere
Monday, July 11 at 9PM ET/PT

On CBS

In the week following the premiere, ROCK STAR: INXS will be seen regularly on Mondays at 9:30 PM ET/PT, Tuesdays at 10:00 PM ET/PT and Wednesdays at 9:30 PM ET/PT For more info visit http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star/

Thanks!

Watched the show last nite and thought that the best female singers are Deanna and Daphna. Wil, Marty & Brandon seemed quite impressive for the male singers. It will be interesting to see who the Aussies will pick but imagine that they will go with someone that has had alot of stage experience. Very fun show to watch.

deanna rawwwwks ~ she's got such a strong voice - excellent worth ethic too and way mellow :) me and linda were wondering what that household is like filled with lead singers hahah! the majority have such strong personalities - should get interesting huh. go girl \m/

When Deanna told me she was going out for this show, my gut went "Perfect!!" This is the best I've ever heard her sound - she's singing her a** off, putting on a strong performance and looking hot as hell! I'm proud of my girl!

I liked the comment Dave Navaro had last night about the crowd they showed in the beginning, and how that is what you get when your a rock star, not an idol. Rock Star is everything that American Idol is not, and I'm perfectly fine with that!

I am really impressed with how they are conducting the show. The band seems genuinely interested in everyone and even though they may not be right for INXS they acknowledge their talent and do trash them like other shows and not just American Idol. They want to find the best singer but not cause a bunch of drama.

So.... everyone's assignment tonight is after the show to jump on line and give Deanna 100 votes, at least. I did it last week and it didn't take very long at all. Deanna passed on Paranoid and took what seems a more difficult song for her. I think it's was a decent strategy because in exchange for passing on Paranoid she gets first pick next week. I don't think she's in danger of going anywhere but we need to help out a bit, eh?

Strategy??..........Hmmm... I guess I am naive. I thought she let the other girl have it because it was the nice thing to do.

It does seem crazy that people can vote as many times as they want. But one would think that INXS gets the ultimate vote. Good marketing ploy to get the audience to feel involved however.

I think that is part of it, but she also negotiated to get 1st pick next time for doing it. I seriously doubt she's in much danger to go up on the block this week unless she really can't pull this song off. But my gut says she could do Mary Had A Little Lamb and make it work. So, it shows she can play well with others and she gets 1st choice next week, when it might make a big difference as far as really showcasing her talent. And you are right, in theory INXS could, as the show seems structured, pass anyone through to the final spot.

Ultimatly (I would hope) this is all about what INXS wants, not what the voting public wants. The way its set up, a person could get the least amount of votes every single time and still win. I don't really see that as a bad thing as INXS have been around long enough to be much better judges of talent than we are...

Yes, she is good, but I already have my 2 favorites....Ty and Jordis

still have yet to determine which of the 2.

Stone said:
Yes, she is good, but I already have my 2 favorites....Ty and Jordis

still have yet to determine which of the 2.

Speaking of Jordis, What an old soul. She is 22 with the maturity of a 40 year old it seems.

Deanna always looks like she is ready to cry or something. She seems like a very compassionate, kind person.

nlukes said:
Speaking of Jordis, What an old soul. She is 22 with the maturity of a 40 year old it seems.

Deanna always looks like she is ready to cry or something. She seems like a very compassionate, kind person.

Deanna is an incredibly kind person with a heart of gold. She is already a star in my book! :cool: I know what you mean about Jordis. Great voice!