Rock the Nations 2004 revisited...

Morticia NL.

Orphaned sister
Soooo- on July 1st it was one year ago that OL played at the RTN festival in Istanbul. This year there was a metalfestival again on this date: a 3 day festival called Rock Republic.
I decided to go up to Istanbul to see my friends again and maybe catch some bands in the festival. Tolga from Host productions who made the January OL show happen in Istanbul, was there as a guide for the In Flames guys and I co hosted them with him.
Derya was a guide for the To/Die/For guys & girl.
Furthermore Lior was there from Israel- I already saw him about 10 days ago when he was passing through Amsterdam, on his way to the Graspop festival in Belgium. Then there was Ipek who joined us and to complete the gang Ez from Jordan turned up as a surprise guest!!!
You can understand that we had great fun altogether.

This is Derya getting on the To/Die/For bus

The poster of the festival

A view of Istanbul- the bridge to get to the Taksim area.

Out to grab a bite with To/Die/For. BTW, tolga and me picked them up in the airport and ofcourse it was a flight that landed in the middle of the night. Just our luck: luggage took a long time to arrive> we waited for over 2 hours!!!!! :erk:

This guy you might know from this forum: Emirkasal ( xcuse me if I get the nick wrong- top of my head you know.

Ipek& me :)

Big surprise! Suddenly I stumble upon Ez from Jordan in the festival! It was great to see him again and he was asking me: heyyy- Orphaned guys here? Cause you are here, sooooo???? A lot of people asked me this. They could not believe I had come, without there being an OL gig. It was like they were looking to me to pull them out of my hat all of a sudden.
Sorry people, no such luck>>>> :D

Who knows who this is? Let's see who learned their metal history.... it's Doro ofcourse!

The mighty In Flames :worship:

They were funny guys. I already told Tolga: the swedish are notorious drinkers! :kickass: So when they came out of the gate at the airport, 3 guys were missing, Guess where they were hanging? The bar ofcourse....

Photo posing true metal style ey??

Who's she? ( check out the woman on the poster to the left) Same weekend as the festival, there was also a Dream Theater show.

View on the crowded streets. Istanbul: you gotta love the place. It's hot, stinky at times and always crowded, but there is something about this place. It keeps making you wanting to come back to it. I say it's the people! ( and the views, the bars,the weather, the shops, the food.......)

Sunset over the skyline, as we sat drinking in the warm evening air in a rooftop bar...... Need I say more? :loco:

We spend two evenings hanging out in a bar where you can smoke nargile- a.k.a. a waterpipe

Battle of the waterpipes... :Shedevil:

Derya- :saint: & Tolga & me

Lior figured it out- you can also use the waterpipe for airguitar purposes :headbang:

A goodbye hug :cry:

View of the city from the skies- goodbye my friends, goodbye Istanbul. Be sure I will return!!!
Thank you all for the wonderful times and the memories we shared of that other great time when we met in the RTN.
You Orphaned guys were the only thing lacking in this "reunion"
:wave:

Whooah ! Great Week end !!! :hotjump:

Doro does not make her age... :D At least on the photo :tickled:

Did Slayer play only old songs ? I saw them @ furyfest in France 2 weeks ago, the playlist was AWESOME. Nearly the Decade of agression !!!!

Xcuse me- seems like the pics are offline sometimes- it WAS a reliable server. Just try to check in some other time.
Ahem, I did not see the Slayer show. Like I said, I was there mainly to see my friends and I have already seen the bands that played there a couple of times. The only show I saw a a whole was the In Flames show and that was excellent!

it's true Nathalie - the pics could be seen sometimes and sometimes not ... you just have to be patient if you want to see them :tickled:

anyway - you had a wonderful time as I see Nathalie .... i wish i was there too to see TO/DIE/FOR and IN FLAMES
(couple years ago i almost had the chance to see TO/DIE/FOR with Katatonia during i lived in Stuttgart but the concert was canceled :ill: )

by the way Matti - seems that you're not the only one who can see the pics...because i can see them as well ;)