Rock The Nations Open Air Festival 2004 In Istanbul

Hey thanx for the tip. I'll go check em out.

R> dus jij zit hier al een tijdje? Kende je O.l al toen je nog in NL woonde of pas later leren kennen?
Sorry, I'd better put it in english, because it wouldn't be courtious otherwise . So you're a dutch guy living in Sweden? I've been planning to go to Sweden for some years now, but never went. I've got somefriends over there ( and Finland) from motorcycle clubs.
Have you ever been to the Sweden rocks festival? Cause I'd like to go there.
Like I said before> it's a small world after all! I know zware metalen.
And I'm exploring other music besides metal too. Especially classical and bands such as Muse, Dead can dance, Placebo, Heather Nova and Ulver.
But metal, that's my thing really and I think always will be.

Nice meeting you!

hej Nathalie,

Orphaned Land was the first band i ever cherished. back in the year 1996 when i bought Sahara when it was just released. not many of my friends understood my passion for this music but i was hooked since day one. I was fortunate enough to see the cd in a cd store in Zwolle. the picture of the chapel caught my attention. he he and never left my attention ever after! So you know zwaremetalen. do you have a nick there as well on the forum?

(here is an interview in dutch i did with OL! http://www.zwaremetalen.com/interview/2028.html)

I listen many kind of music

Except metal music, I like folk music from all countries and eastern music so much. Natacha Atlas is one of my favorite singer. I like her so much. In other hand, Omar Faruk Tekbilek is greatest musician and "One Truth" is GREAT album from him...

orphanage used to be a great band, really. last 2 albums released by nuclear blast a little bit dissapointing for me. my fave album from the band is "by time alone". that's a fuckin masterpiece, they are too groovy, technical and dreamy as well. that attracts me...

it is said that there are strong rumours for a come back of gorefest, nowadays. as it is said they're rehearsing now for seeing the situation. if it goes well, guys will strike back. i am praying for that as long as they're one of my top metal act ever.

Actually> the news is now official that Gorefest are back together again!
So, i'll get you the news as I hear it.

Right Rutger> I understand about OL. I've had the album Sahara ever since it was released and have gone through great pains to obtain it. Like you said> none of my friends understood my passion. But hey, same goes for Opeth, Cradle of Filth, Within Temptation,Dream Theater, In Flames, Type O negative, Moonspell, Therion. All of them great bands which I knew about from day one and no one liked at the time....

So, OL is probably heeding for world domination<lol!> I hope they remember me when they're rich& famous.

Do you know Empyrium? The are one of my most treasured bands, but alas, they parted ways......

Damn nathalie, seems like we have the same music taste!! all the bands you name i like and have most of the cd's from. empyrium is another band i discovered when they released their debut a wintersunset, so beautiful. i also like the last one Weiland. Now the have the band: The Vision Bleak and thats cool too!

Do you like Into Eternity? thats really cool prog with death metal mix. You should try VIRGIN BLACK. thats awesome!!!

Right> we DO have the same taste Mr. R! I know about Virgin Black.
Now do you know Arcturus? Everyone I meet tells me that the're the band for me.
And do you know Beseech from Sweden? The are not that heavy, but I like em all the same! Especially track 5&6 form their latest album.

Note> Like we are totally off topic now. I guess this thread had become te meeting place fot Istanbul go-ers and the like.

Dreamcell> I have that album, had it for many years, but it just doesn't do the trick for me. Sometimes you buy something and only listen to one track all the time and then later on you find out the rest of the album is great too ( Happened to me with Jesus saves/ streets album of Savatage) And sometimes you buy an album based on rave reviews and don't like it. But I treid again a few months ago and it was better.
So explain to me what I'm obviously missing here....

Morticia NL. said:
I have that album, had it for many years, but it just doesn't do the trick for me. Sometimes you buy something and only listen to one track all the time and then later on you find out the rest of the album is great too ( Happened to me with Jesus saves/ streets album of Savatage) And sometimes you buy an album based on rave reviews and don't like it. But I treid again a few months ago and it was better.
So explain to me what I'm obviously missing here....

If we're talking about "Haven" i personaly think that it's Tranquillity's most mature album until now. I must agree that is a bit different in style from their other releases but sure is a "Tranquillity sense" album!!! I just love it!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: