Rock The Nations Open Air Festival 2004 In Istanbul

My Best Fest Ever.orphaned's Was The Best Band There And After Them Pentagram.very Good Sound For All The Bands And Cheap Beer!!!!!!!! I Drunk A Lot Of "efes".i'll Never Forget It.

Ko_B said:
Brother, I'll never forget your singing greek songs, we will be in a taberna and will break the place!!

thanx for your good words my brother. i hope to see you soon on greece and break it all down.kisses!!!!!!!!!

Animanexus said:
My Best Fest Ever.orphaned's Was The Best Band There And After Them Pentagram.very Good Sound For All The Bands And Cheap Beer!!!!!!!! I Drunk A Lot Of "efes".i'll Never Forget It.
You really liked Pentagram that night?It was their worst performance I think..they were better years ago..oh the old days...
:cry:but no need to cry over spilt milk..
but Efes is good..yeah :kickass: :kickass: bon appétit :D

Ko_B said:
Brother, I'll never forget your singing greek songs, we will be in a taberna and will break the place!!

my friend.its not taberna, we call it buzukia.anyway its not the name its the time that we will spend together and have fun.as greg said we'll break them all down.until then take care yourself.(we need you friend) :D

by the way there're some news from turkey to the people living somewhere close. anathema will come to turkey in 1-2 october for 2 more gigs.( they played here last month in rockistanbul festival (www.rockistanbul.com) w/ names such as faithless, evergrey, starsailor bla bla) after the overwhelming interest of the fans to the band in rockistanbul, promoters try another two. other concert gossips for near future are machine head and hypocrisy.

rotting christ seems to be unreachable for the topic. they played here for 7 times. the first 3 shows were back in 1997 and it was 2 years before the marmara earthquake, and the greek/turkish community was far from today's peacefull atmosphere. but the 3 show was sold out. a dead poem was the top selling EXTREME metal album ever in turkey. that was a great example of how metal unites people.

Also there will be Therion concert in 26 September, don't forget! :headbang:
And, although it's not metal I think most of us know Blackmore's Night... They will be performing in the dungeons of Yedikule. But I won't be seeing them :( Will any of us be there?

suicidal4life said:
rotting christ seems to be unreachable for the topic. they played here for 7 times. the first 3 shows were back in 1997 and it was 2 years before the marmara earthquake, and the greek/turkish community was far from today's peacefull atmosphere. but the 3 show was sold out. a dead poem was the top selling EXTREME metal album ever in turkey. that was a great example of how metal unites people.
Heavy Metal Brotherhood ! :headbang:
let's hope in the future all the bands falls in love with turkish metal-heads and comes here more often than not :hotjump:

Concert was unbelievable.While I was waiting your performance,I supposed that I wouldn't resist the ache of my legs but all my tiredness ended by your performance.Thank you for all...

Hi there y'all,

I'm new here too, but read your thread with so much interest that I just had to put in a few lines too! I've known OL since Sahara was released and came to Turkey to see them play - actually, we came to surprise the Epica guys& girls since we follow them round ( they're a dutch gothic-epic metal band who performed on friday)- Again, the staging of OL was an extra excuse for me to go to Turkey.... To my pleasent surprise I found that the metal scene is very much alive in the middle eastern countries, I never expected that! Just like you stated earlier> it was as though we were all brothers and sisters at the festival and I had a great time talking to people from countries such as Jordan, Greece, Turkey and Israel. I am spreading the word to dutch metalfans ever since I returned, they too must learn of the metal scene in the middle east. It was great to meet the OL guys and party with them at Caravan rock club.
So, I have decided to go up to Tel Aviv to see them play again. Also a great opportunity to learn more about Israel and the metalscene over there.
Let me tell you one thing: If OL will be playing in Istanbul again net year, I will be attending again.

Hail to every metal fan out there,

Nathalie ( or Morticia, which ever you prefer)

Morticia NL.
like I said here already to Derya, in august there will be Metalist Festival 2004 in Israel with Behemoth, Evergrey and more...
and in turkey one of the OL guys said that maybe they will be at this festival also, we just have to put some pressure on them and they will play there. :p
anyway...
So, I have decided to go up to Tel Aviv to see them play again. Also a great opportunity to learn more about Israel and the metalscene over there.
you should come to that fest, i hope, and believe that OL will play there...
more than that, we will be more than happy to know that people from Holland and other European countries will come to that fest.

so like.. i have no idea what i wanted to say in this post, but i hope you got the point. :tickled:

Hey nathalia !!
Welcome in ! glad to have you with us :)
are you that girl who asked me in Taxim about the backstage pass on the second day there? the one with the Paradise lost tattoo ?