Rock The Nations Open Air Festival 2004 In Istanbul

hey chris & straula (sorry if i wrote you name wrong) :)

today (or tomorrow) i'll ask for any vocation from my workplace to take u to part place. and please, other people here in the forum, just email me which hotel will you stay, what is your phone number, your name and the phone numbers of the hotels you will stay if it's possible. (to kingnimrod63@hotmail.com and send a cc to c_yildiz@organik.com.tr)

and, if i cannot get vocation for it and if you'll stay in taksim:

1. ask people there where in metro station (there is in taksim square, on the hearth of the district taksim). there is the first station of the metro so you'll not have chance to go wrong side.

2. with metro, go until the 4. Levent (Levent is an another station before it, it should be 4. levent). also that station is the last stop :)

3. leave the station to the way of maslak side where minibuses go (ask people for it)

4. there will be minibuses which will wait, get on any where written "Sariyer" on the table of minubus and say the driver "Maslak Venue" (reading: Maslak Venü, ü is like in german)

My Phone Number: + 90 537 834 04 60

That was it ;)

Thanks For Everything My Friend Cem :hotjump: :worship:
Your help is really precious for us and for those who come to Istanbul for the festival!!!
I hope that you 'll take the vacation you want from your work so that you 'll be more "free" to join the festival .:) ;) :kickass:

we are glad to welcome you greek metalheads...! fell like in your home..!

and damn.. i really wonder what will orphaned land play here today

i hope that 8 hours will be past fast :)

the festival went pretty fine. there was some problems with the sound sometime. most interesting band of the 1st day was orphaned land. their performance was much more better than their fist try in turkey few years ago. setlist was nice, guys were so nice and bla bla. cover of turkish rock icon erkin koray's estarabim was cool and the pronunciation of kobi was perfect and for sure this was far better than the "mutlu ol yeter" cover they did few years ago in istanbul. amon amarth was the name of the other successfull performance of the day. second day was better. caliban was the biggest surprise of saturday. the time the singer cut the crowd like moses and let them slam violently was a great picture.. sentenced's performance was great, even the stupid stuff ville talked between the songs didn't spoil their show. katatonia was not that good again like their last 2 gig in istanbul. highlight of saturday was UDO. that was so heavy, that was so metal. there's nothing to say more. for sure the best performance of the festival... sunday was a bit full of cheesy stuff like circle to circle, vanden plas kinda things which are not my cup of tea in style. "all we are" performed by doro and duet of two former maiden singer paul di anno and blaze on the song running free made a kinda history at the day. highlight of the day was destruction, guys were amazing, full of energy and true fucking thrash metal at its best. their last 2 gig in turkey was also great but this was fantastic. marcel schmier should be the coolest guy in german metal history i guess. what he played and what he talked between the songs was memorable i guess. ville of sentenced was talking about fucking his mother the night before and how she was pleased of this kinda stuff, schmier was out there talking about shits dealing w/ tv's, politics, people united in the flag of heavy metal from the middle east people, how we suffer from wars and bullshits.... people watching the festival saw the reason why schmier is a metal icon and why ville is only a kind of handsome stupid asshole.... pentagram/mezarkabul was not on the mood i guess, i saw lotso better performances before from them. anyway that was a funny 3 day. hope to see the 3rd one next year w/ orphaned land on the bill once again.

by the way cem eesti love conquers all meant "reklam" (*in turkish)

well, about music... my fav. band list for the fest was orphaned land, lake of tears, katatonia, sentenced and pentagram. for me the first day was OL day, the second was sentenced and the third was pentagram... but, lake of tears was much worse than i've thought of... OL's performance was the best, but i couldn't hear the comp. sounds and matti's guitar for most of the time. yossi asked the crowd if they could hear but they answered "yeeaaaah!!!" by reflex :) although i'm sure that most of them didn't hear well enough. ( i shouted "nooo!" of course.) anyways, it didn't prevent the show from being the best gig of the fest.
katatonia was good, as i had expected. i missed some parts when i saw the OL guys wandering around, though :)
sentenced was very good except that crap ville kept on saying. esp. the closing was great, i nearly broke my head while headbanging to "farewell" and the following "trooper". :) they didn't play killing me killing you, though.
even though i don't like old heavy metal music like "accept" used to make, i can say that udo's show was certainly one of the bests.
for circle II circle, i can say that zak's doing good job again. but i like savatage kind of music not very much, and i was trying to save my energy, so i just listened to edge of thorns and left the crowd.
paul di'anno just sucked.
doro surprised me for staying that short.
pentagram, my second favourite in the fest after OL... the guys played excellently, as they always do... and murat sang excellent as he always does. but, it wasn't as good as the last time i've seen them in bostanci. the setlist wasn't that good, and more importantly, there were no neyzen and no keyboard. in bostancı i could hear the ney even in seytan bunun neresinde, which does not have ney sound in the album. but again i say, the guys played great, they were just a bit unlucky this time, maybe.
oh, and i shall not forget the wonderful "nu.clear.dawn" guys! they played perfect! even though they lacked their vocalist, i enjoyed the show very much. i say congratulations and wish better luck next time to those syrian fellas!

i was wondering about that syrian band so much but it's a shame that wasn't there in the fest while they were playing :bah:

btw, maybe guys who watched mezarkabul suprised that they played some slayer style speed thrash music, their first demo (name of it was the same with the name od the band: the pentagram) was on that style. and it was even unable to find that demo even in the shop of the pentagram. (this shop is actually closed)

... suicidal4life & UnConscious... see ya in therion concert :) and you are right that it was it was really better that they played estrabim this time. because almost noone was knowing even the lyrics of "sen mutlu ol yeter" of ibrahim tatlises, and i heared that some first time from orphaned land.

video shots of the first day including part from orphaned land's rtn performance will be broadcasted on the music show called yuxexes on turkish music channel dream tv in few minutes. stay tuned !