OL concert memories!..

Derya the Angel

THE SUICIDER
Feb 13, 2003
ist-turkiye
www.delikasap.com
if it's a forum of OL,many of you might been in a OL concert.and if you have any concert memory you can tell them here.
I had been in OL Istanbul concert and that was a whole miracle for me!
During those magical 3 days we lived incredible beautiful memories.That was amazing..for this great experience,thanx God,thanx guys!:)
and some scenes from istanbul concert:
-the OL manager Itay and our friends sold OL t shirts during the concert but our guys threated like street sailors so they shouted as "Come!!The cheepest t shirts are here!!"that was so funny scene:D
-Kobi sang a song Turkish song,that was so flattering for each Turkish OL fan,including me!

well,that's all for now but i!ll probably go on.wait for me! ;)

by the way, (if i dont write these,i cant sleep!):)

Hey guys,Kobi,Matti,Yossi,Uri,Eden!I miss all of you sooo much!we wanna see you here again soon.i think it's the time to live new memories,right?;) love ya much!
P.S.An OL report(which I made with Kobi brother) is published in the Turkish rock'n roll internet magazine "www.delikasap.com",anyone can visit!but a point is;the site is Turkish:D

Dearya You angell!!!!

Welcome, we miss you and Turkey so much, be sure that after Mabool we are back Inshallah!!!!

Avi, the name of Ibo's song is - Mutlu Ol Yeter, it is a great song, next time I will prepare another song in Turkish.

"Birtak dilegim var Mutlu Ol Yeter"

Muck!!

Kobi.

I have an Orphaned Land concert memory for you.........

When I was about 15 (about 11 years ago), I was regularly going to a metal club in Israel called "Jungle Rock" and it was one of the only clubs in Israel having death metal shows and death metal music, so me and my friends were going there every Friday to get some head-banging/pogo dancing etc. etc..

1 night there was a concert of a metal band called "SCAFFOLD" and they where like a top act in Israel, so we went there to see them (don't remember much of their concert), but however, what I do remember is a bunch of 4 kids (they were older than me, but they where kids than) by the name of "Ressurection" performing as the opening act, it was their 1st concert ever.

I remember the whole thing very vaguely, I remember beeing there in the front row and seeing them, I remember them doing a Boltthrower - "Unleashed upon mankind" cover, and I remember us spotting me in the audience while we were all watching the show's video some time later.

:headbang:

Why not overkiller? an israeli orieltal singer, Zehava Ben, she made a cover for that song. i know the music.. not the original, basicly i`m not really into the real oriental or turk song, here and there i listen to the music, but i prefer it as atmosphere music like anouar brahem, faruk omar, abdullah ibrahim... the slightly jazzy stuff.

from the comeback gig all that i remember is "Angel's vodka"
from the one that was after i remember EVERYTHING!
i was in the forst line looking on kobi :)

The original song is an Old Turkish song, it is just preformed by Ibo as many others sing it as well.

We really love this song, from what I understood, in Turkey, the metal people are not that fond of Ibo, similar in a way to what we have in Israel with "Frikim" & "Arsim" situation...

yeah,Turkish metal music listeners usually dont like Ýbrahim Tatlýses or they may hate him!:)
Its including me cause he doesnt even know to talk good Turkish!And he is a big singer in this country,i really dont understand it.
and Folklore,the name of the song is as Kobi said "Mutlu ol yeter" but i dont advise to listen it coz its not so special song.
the special one is the cover of it by OL.
In Istanbul concert,when i heard the first melodies of it,i shocked coz everybody,EVERYBODY know that song and we begin to sing it together!
i dont like Ibo but i sang that song too in the concert: "Bir tek dilegim var,mutlu ol yeteeeeeer!":D

:) :) :)

You remind me of funny stuff.....

Before we went to Turkey someone have sent us an article they made on us in a Turkish newspaper (I think it was a major one but i'm not sure), and naturally we didn't understant a word of what it said, so we could only guess that it said something like: "An Israeli metal band is comming to Turkey for a gig" cause there were a few band photos of us, and than, a few rows under there was an Ibrahim Tatlises picture and you could understand that he also has something to do with it, but it is all in a language you cannot understand so you can look at it from a funny way that you can only assume that this man has something to do with these people and you cannot really put your finger on WHAT exactly is that connection...

Of course we knew exactly what the connection was, I personally do like Ibrahim Tatlises's music very much and Turkish music in general and have enjoyed very much covering one of his songs as a gesture to the amazing Turkish metalists that gave us a very warm expirience. fffsssssshhhhhhiieeewwwwwwww

:lol:

Avi!!!! do you have a copy of it?

I never saw it and I also want to add it to our press book, will be great to have it...

By the way Matti, this Magazine is in my home, it is a very big Actualya news paper in Turkey and they put us on the front page!!!