Role Models

The media makes people like athletes,actors, and artists as role models.

I wouldn't say 50 Cent or Pacman Jones are role models with both of their thug image.

athletes,actors,music artists really shouldn't be role models to begin with, it's just a weird assocciation thing we (americans) do, we think that because someone is spectacular at one thing, we just have this image of them also being good at other, unrelated things, Tiger Woods is so spectacular at golf, that we were suprized, startled, amazed that he would cheat on his wife just like any other regular married guy, Halle Berry is such a spectacular actress that we get surprized, amazed and it's head line news that she had a tiny fender-bender where no one actually got hurt, we just have this image that celebs are gods and it becomes headline news when it becomes visible that they're still human, just like the rest of us

Idolatry of those not worthy.

i don't really know about the rest of the world, but here in america it really seems that we are specifically idolizing those specific people that are definitively un-worthy of being idolized as opposed to even knowing of the existence of people that really are worthy of being idolized

Unless you are a person who, likes to shoot people at strip clubs, get shoot 9 times
i've been told by a lot of different people (not 100% completely sure if it's true or not) that the 9 gunshot wounds happened on 9 seperate days, and when i hear so many people repeat that, i just can't help but think, "50 Cent is a dumb-ass" cuz apparently he couldn't learn the lesson of staying away from ghettoville gangster thugs that own guns

50 Cent and people like Adams "Pacman" Jones are people that try to sterotype the bad side of the blacks, just like white trash of the south show the bad side of the whites.

yeah, but my initial point had nothing to do with racism, or racist stereotypes

see post #68

man this is not specific to America, its age old, even the bible has the part about worshipping false idols, of course referencing mostly other gods but it was same thing different times, Greeks and Romans worshipping the old ways of various Gods, also made them behave like such "Gods would have them do". Why? because it was all man made worship, it must be innate to desire to be like that which is percieved "better"... hell, look how dogs worship people, still dont get that being most other species would rather eat us or stampede us but then dogs and horses seem to have some kind of intellegence or reasoning different from most other species.... Dolphines

man this is not specific to America, its age old, even the bible has the part about worshipping false idols, of course referencing mostly other gods but it was same thing different times, Greeks and Romans worshipping the old ways of various Gods, also made them behave like such "Gods would have them do". Why? because it was all man made worship, it must be innate to desire to be like that which is percieved "better"... hell, look how dogs worship people, still dont get that being most other species would rather eat us or stampede us but then dogs and horses seem to have some kind of intellegence or reasoning different from most other species.... Dolphines

See post #62

yeah, thats the first post I noticed you put it forth as being specific to America but I didnt reply that time.

Look at post #75 and try again... :)

so dogs/horses/dolphins being nice to humans is the same as random people worshiping celebs... not sure if anyone on this forum would actually agree with that...

so dogs/horses/dolphins being nice to humans is the same as random people worshiping celebs... not sure if anyone on this forum would actually agree with that...

your (and ". tom") kidding me right ? Wanna break my statement down and explain to me how the fuck you interpreted that whole thing down to simply your above statement... good grief, I throw in a last little bit about dogs worshiping people and your mind goes blanks except for that statement, then further thrown off base because I mention that horses and dolphins also seem to have "some kind of intellegence or reasoning".... and then ignore the entire first part... congradulations, the world is in trouble. Help us if we should give someone too much to consider at once. Maybe people like being distracted.