Roll Call: Chicago 3/2

I'm going with 3 other friends. First time seeing them live! I can't wait!

Some more info on the seating or lack there of would be grand.

they told me it was seated. and thats ALL they told me. so im gonna try calling again in the morning. and seeing what they say, hopefully ill get somebody else who will supply me with more information. bastards. \m/

There will be seats in the pit area ONLY. All other areas will be as usual. Seating will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. This is what HOB told me on the phone yesterday. I will be leaving the North 'Burbs around 3:30-3:45 to get down there in line. Can't wait!!

Damn, can you pick me up on your way there? My ride works till 4:30 (despite me trying to get him to take off work sooner). We'll never get good seats :erk:

Lightning05 said:
Damn, can you pick me up on your way there? My ride works till 4:30 (despite me trying to get him to take off work sooner). We'll never get good seats :erk:

Well, I'm just being paranoid....I think I'm leaving way too early, but the snow flurries have already started, and I have to go down the Edens and Kennedy to get downtown, so that might take a while. When I went in October, I got down there about an hour before the show started, and I was still pretty close. This show might be a little different, however.

yeah, i'm definitely not going to get good seats. or even seats at all...i'm at work til about 5:30 in the NW burbs...probably wont leave my apt in chicago until after 7pm. does anyone know if they are playing their songs in the order they were released (ie- orchid, then morningrise, then mayh, etc...)? i just don't want to miss anything before bwp material!

quick question, does anyone think this is wrong? 5 of my friends in Chicago are going and I'm driving up from champaign (about 3 hour drive) immedaitely after class in a while. I'm coming alone. Does anyone think its a particular bad thing for me to join my friends who are going to be waiting in like at about 4pm when I get there or will I be lynched? I'm getting there as fast as I feasibly can and its just me, one person. I don't wanna be separated from all my friends or make them lose their spot.

you'll be fine. if it's just you i don't think anyone will care. i just hate when there's a group of 10 people that cut because they know 2 people in line. if the door people wont let you cut, then just have your friends save you a seat if they're able to get seats. better leave soon...if you're coming up through 90/94 you're going to be getting into the chicago area right during rush hour. hope it's not too bad for you.

Heres my plan, I'm taking the 57 all the way up and then rather going through downtown I'm going to take the 294 N and get off over by Ohare, I can park in the cumberland parking garage and take the EL a block from the house of blues. I should avoid chicago rush hour that way

The best part is I have to be back for class at 9am tommorow

ouch, 294 might even be worse. i know it's really bad one way, but i'm not sure which way...maybe someone else can comment? not only that, but isn't it farther to get to o'hare than it is to take 57 -> 94?

yeah that sucks about class haha...but i'd be more worried about making it in time for the show! i graduated from u of i 2 years ago. you can always skip the 9am as long as you don't have a quiz or test, ha.

Took me four hours to get there. NO traffic on the 57. NO traffic on the 294. The 80 connects those two expressways, you are only on it for 2 miles. I was stuck on the 80 for 2 hours. I JUST walked in as under the weeping moon started, phew!