Roll Call for Opeth in Houston 2/7/04!!!

ShadowLioness

\m/ \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Suburbs of Chicago
Visit site
Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to see who else will be at the show this coming Saturday. I'm ecstatic that this date landed on a Saturday. Woohoo! Feel free to say hello if ya see me roaming around! I dunno what band shirt I'll be wearing yet..details later in the week!

:D

Hell yeah Im gonna be there with a couple friends and my girlfriend its gonna be a really fucking awesome night, cant wait! I saw them the last time they came to houston back in May and I got some stuff signed back then and that was awesome but Im really excited about seeing the new setlist, I think this show is going to be even better than the one back in May because the Engine room is a nicer venue than Fitz in my opinion.

I'll be there too!

Got my ticket two days ago. I saw them last time in Fitzgeralds also, I hate that venue : /

*raises hand*

I'll be there. I don't know any of you, though :p

Unfortunately, I'll be going by myself...the bus supposedly arrives at Houston at 5:00 PM.

The venue (The Engine Room) is supposed to be within walking distance from the Greyhound central station. Can any of you Houston-ers verify this?

I'll be getting my directions from mapquest.com and I plan on walking there cause I won't have enough cash for a cab :/

Anyway, yeah, see you there and all of that :cool:

*Bumpity bump bump*

Good to see that some Houston-ites will be attending!:Spin:

I'll be with my boyfriend and a friend of ours....I can post a pic if someone will host it:erk: .

We've had our tickets for a few weeks now. I don't fuck around when it comes to shows..........tickets get ordered right away!:D

I'm there. I'll be picking up the ticket, either today or Friday. Hoping to get a picture with the guys if I can swing it. I need to see April Ethereal performed live. I should be taking off from my city at around 10am. If I knew how to post a pic, I'd surely do it for people to know who I am if they'd like to hang out.

I'll be there, got the tickets and all. Though none of you know me, as I'm only a lurker. But I'll be there! (for the 3rd time woo!) and that's what counts.

Saw Opeth in Dallas last night - amazing show! The sound quality was flawless, and it definately passed my expectations. Opeth had a great time on stage, and their setlist was perfect. My only regret was that they didn't play "Windowpane". They had to cut their set short, but no explaination as to why. Anyway, they went on stage at about 10pm - so don't get there so late you miss them.

sandman

The sound at FITZ was crap I thought.

They sounded alot better at the engine room.

I will be going with about 7 other metal heads.
Hope it's as good as the last time...

dissonence said:
I;ve seen opeth perform at Fitz, but I have never been to the Engine Room. How do the venues compare?
I agree. Although I still enjoyed the show immensely, I thought the acoustics were a little weak. However, I have seen other shows at fitz and I did not have any complaints.

I remember In flames sounded good at Fitz...
but I was rather drunk! So perhaps it was not all that....

I had fun though!

I've seen Mr. bungle and tomahawk. The fact that Mike Patton was performing may have altered my perception of the qaulity of the club's acoustics

DaMenace123 said:
Azogue, give me the address of the greyhoud station and I can try to confirm if its close.
Ahh, I just saw this today :(

Well, I guess you won't read this in time, but here's the address:

2121 MAIN ST
Houston TX 77002

and The Engine Room's address:
1515 Pease Street.

I just checked on mapquest.com and it' supposedly only 0.68 miles from The Engine Room, and I even have directions on how to get there...the only problem is I don't know if walking is even feasible, since there might be an interstate or something like that getting in the way. It better be possible, cause otherwise I'm fucked...I'll be carrying probably about 10 dollars with me, so that won't do :lol:

Anyway, I just hope I don't get lost/mugged/kidnapped or a combination of those three :/

*can't wait*

The bus station is pretty damn close to the club....Just a couple of blocks.

I've walked from the station to the club...it's no big deal. You could run there in like 5 minutes....

downtown houston is not very dangerous.
A couple of bums might ask you for money, ....but there are cops around so you should be good.