Roll Call for Opeth in Houston 2/7/04!!!

Hope to see some of you there. If anyone wants to know what I look like I believe my pic is on the Seriously Off-Topic board on the member pic thread. I'll be wearing my Arch Enemy long sleeve since it's gonna be cold out, ugh.

Thought I might post something about how the houston show went for me. Well, my friends and I got there a little late because of some problems we had on the way. We fucked up getting off of the freeway and got our asses turned all around but we were able to get there. It was kind of a good thing because we got there right as DevilDriver was on their last song, so I didnt have to listen to much of that. Then when they were setting up for Moonspell I got REALLY sick. If anyone was in the back of the venue and saw a kid fucking walking around all out of it and collapsing on the floor that was me haha. So yeah I started spazing out and I almost fainted I blacked out for a little bit. I felt like hurling, I ended up sitting outside during pretty much all of moonspell's set. But it was cool because all of Opeth got off their bus and passed by where I was sitting. Once Opeth started playing I started feeling a lot better. Opeth was fucking amazing, thats all I can say. After the show I sat outside the tour bus for awhile but we got tired of waiting for them to come out so we just left. Except for getting sick it was a really fucking good night, it was my second Opeth show and it was deffinitly the better of the two.

dissonence said:
I;ve seen opeth perform at Fitz, but I have never been to the Engine Room. How do the venues compare?
Fitzgeralds was the worst SHITTIEST clubs I have ever been to in my entire life and I've been to a lot of clubs. It's beyond bad...
Opeth shouldn't even take in a crap in that club, let alone ever play there again.

Engine room is much better and they had played there before with Nevermore. It's a pretty alright club!
FUCK FITZ.

I had a really good time at the show. I was third back from the front of the mob for Opeth, so I was able to take some pictures. They turned out pretty good considering I just had one of those disposable cameras. Well, good for me anyway! After the show I waited around and was able to get everyone's sig. (except for Lopez), so that was really nice. :)

The only thing that detracted from the show was all the crowd surfers were going right over me and kicking me and/or falling on me in the process. I got hit right in the face with someone's shoe which fucking hurt. But it was worth it! :p And I must add, overall it was one of the most polite crowds I've ever seen! People kept apologizing for hitting and pushing other people, they asked if I was ok when I got hit upside the head, and one guy offered to let me get in front of him so I could get closer to the front. I've never been in an audience that was so nice before, hahaha!

So it was one of the best shows I've ever seen! Highlights for me were Master's Apprentices and April Ethereal. :worship:

Awesome show. I got my BWP CD signed by everyone and took a pic with everyone except Lopez.I also met Azogue at the show. Real cool guy with great taste in music.

BEST. SHOW. EVER. :headbang:

Did anyone notice how badly Mike messed up on The Moor?

He was singing in the wrong spot!

Also, he forgot the lyrics to harvest lol. When he did that short preview of it.

It was pretty funny when Moonspell did their first song, his mic didn't work. Yet he went on.

DEVILDRIVER was horrible. Did anyone notice their disrespectful fans? YElling "OPETH SUX".

All he said was "FUCK YEA WE'RE THE BEST DRINKERS EVER".....who cares. I think they should have gone to the bar instead of even performing.

Regulator said:
Awesome show. I got my BWP CD signed by everyone and took a pic with everyone except Lopez.I also met Azogue at the show. Real cool guy with great taste in music.

BEST. SHOW. EVER. :headbang:
Yeah, same for me.

Thanks again for everything, man :cool:

Oh, I'd just like to add that the guys are extremely cool and nice (well, I wouldn't know about Lopez, but I hear he's great :p ). Peter and Mikael are really funny too!

Overall this was an awesome show...it was worth the 100+ dollars and annoying bus rides..much better than last year's show.

BTW, Regulator, you should send me some of those pics you took :D

Fitz could not possibly be worse than The Backroom in Austin. Why do I keep going back there? Oh yeah, that's where all the good metal bands play. :mad:

I forgot to say, I got peter's guitar pick!

It just landed on my shoulder, no joke...he was trying to hand it to my sister but it got ransacked and flew up.

peterpick.jpg

peterpick02.jpg

Twas a good show! This show was definitely better than when they played Fitz last year. I didn't see any UM-ers, ah well. One of these days I will remember to bring my camera into that place...they don't check ANYBODY there. This time around they didn't even check our tickets.

I got one of Peters picks too. After DotF he reached out to what I thought was gonna be to shake hands so I reached out to my hand and he gave me his pick. Awesome.

Bereaved said:
Thought I might post something about how the houston show went for me. Well, my friends and I got there a little late because of some problems we had on the way. We fucked up getting off of the freeway and got our asses turned all around but we were able to get there. It was kind of a good thing because we got there right as DevilDriver was on their last song, so I didnt have to listen to much of that. Then when they were setting up for Moonspell I got REALLY sick. If anyone was in the back of the venue and saw a kid fucking walking around all out of it and collapsing on the floor that was me haha. So yeah I started spazing out and I almost fainted I blacked out for a little bit. I felt like hurling, I ended up sitting outside during pretty much all of moonspell's set. But it was cool because all of Opeth got off their bus and passed by where I was sitting. Once Opeth started playing I started feeling a lot better. Opeth was fucking amazing, thats all I can say. After the show I sat outside the tour bus for awhile but we got tired of waiting for them to come out so we just left. Except for getting sick it was a really fucking good night, it was my second Opeth show and it was deffinitly the better of the two.

Funny shit. Me and my friends were standing right in front of the Beer stand thing when we saw a kid collapse on the floor in front of us. We looked at each other, and said "That kid is really fucked up." What a small world.
Superb show, even though it took me a full two days to recover from complete exhaustion.

EDIT: If anyone saw me, I was the small kid with long, black hair at the top left corner of the stage during Opeth, and in the back of the venue during the other two bands.