Roll Call - Whom here is from IL ?

Amber, I didn't know you went to Bradley! You graduated a year before I did! I never saw you around. Wish I had though, it'd have been nice to make a metalhead friend on campus! Which dorm did you live in? I lived in Williams Hall. I was only at Bradley from '03-'05, since I did two years prior to that at a community college.

Avanti's isn't bad, but they aren't my favorite. I LOVED La Bamba, though! But all my friends refused to eat there if they were sober. :(

How come ANYTIME the Chicago possee is involved, food is brought up?? :)

I'm glad it is!!

Tell me, Chicago folks; if there were 1 thing I can't miss out on (food-wise) in your city, what would it be?

I've gone to Gino's East, so that's off the list!

Here are some of my favorite food joints in Chicago.

Giordano's Pizza (get the stuffed pizza)
Nancy's Pizza (get the stuffed pizza)
Portillo's (Hot dogs, beef, and sausage kind of place)
China Chef in Morton Grove (best Chinese food I've ever had)

Amber, I didn't know you went to Bradley! You graduated a year before I did! I never saw you around. Wish I had though, it'd have been nice to make a metalhead friend on campus! Which dorm did you live in? I lived in Williams Hall. I was only at Bradley from '03-'05, since I did two years prior to that at a community college.

Avanti's isn't bad, but they aren't my favorite. I LOVED La Bamba, though! But all my friends refused to eat there if they were sober. :(

Ha! Yeah, I kind of kept to myself...was actually roomed in the Singles Dorm. (I can't handle roommates). I worked in the Computer Lab in Weslake and spent a lot of time in GCC and Heuser with the Artsy Farts. But yeah, I wish I would have known you as well! Seemed like the Metal people at that school were few and far between.
I saw a few bands at Crusens (I think it was called), when I actually had money to go out...kind of a douche bar.
Other than that, went to a lot of the free on-campus concerts put on by the Music Department. (I dig classical music).
Gawd, I'm glad I'm not a college student anymore. Looking back, my life was pretty pathetic. Haha!

Don't feel bad, I was active in Psi Phi (the sci-fi/fantasy club) while at Bradley. And on Friday nights I did some gaming with the Medieval College Society! My roomie and I (during my first year) would also go and eat at One World every so often with some other transfer students from our dorm.

Duchess - if Al and I make it to the show, we'll drag you somewhere or other for some good food. :)

@ 1000 Faces - LOL ! Oh man, "Papa goddamn John's " I about pooped myself ! That was funny. I think there's a Jimmy John's down in CampusTown now so there's even more "John's" to eat from. I remember hearing about the metal show, but I never got to listen in. Thanks for the laugh !

Actually, that Jimmy John's was built on the site of a pretty cool indie record store called Tiamat Records, which used to host punk shows and had a surprisingly okay metal selection (lots of rarities and imports...I remember finding a rare Diamond Head comp there). It was torn down in 1997, sadly.

I was the cohost and webmaster of that show, so I'm curious if anyone remembers it.

La Bamba == "Burritos as big as your head"
El Famous Burrito == "Football-sized burritos"

Whatever, chain Mexican restaurants mostly suck anyhow.

Go to TACO BURITO PALACE on Lincoln Ave. if you want good authentic inexpensive Mexican.

Oh, and also back on topic, I second your EARTHEN GRAVE mention.

Actually, that Jimmy John's was built on the site of a pretty cool indie record store called Tiamat Records, which used to host punk shows and had a surprisingly okay metal selection (lots of rarities and imports...I remember finding a rare Diamond Head comp there). It was torn down in 1997, sadly.

My old punk band during college played the student union at Bradley on two separate occasions. This would have been in 96 and again in 97.

One show was broadcast on the college radio station.

My old punk band during college played the student union at Bradley on two separate occasions. This would have been in 96 and again in 97.

One show was broadcast on the college radio station.

What was the name of the band? I still have some swag from that era that may mention it.

What was the name of the band? I still have some swag from that era that may mention it.

We were called the TuPacs.
Yeah, terrible band name, but what's a stupid college punk band going to name themselves, so shortly after TuPacs' shooting! :)

I know we played one show with a band called the Dorks.

I think we played another show which featured mostly ska bands.

Portillo's (Hot dogs, beef, and sausage kind of place)

That almost seems like undercutting it. :lol: They're just hands-down the best fast-food place I've ever been to. So glad I live in Illinois just for them alone. They have some of the best burgers too. And their chocolate cake shake? Yum.

Whoever said it, I second Kuma's as well. AMAZING burgers and atmosphere. However, you do have to wait quite a bit to get a seat. Not the best place to go on a Friday or Saturday night.