rolling movie thread

i saw a lot of movies while i was abed, most not so good. here are some i remember.

identity--good for a rainy sickbed day, i guess.

whalerider--good, in that it made me think, although i was disturbed that it had this kind of feminist posture but its actuality was very anti-feminist. i mean, in the seventies it would have been an ass-kicking feminist film, but in the aughts....I think that nowadays cultures that don't have equality-of-women ideals are aberrant, not the objective standard, and i think movies should treat them as aberrations.

well i mean my li'l cousin likes he-man and not just because we gave him our old toys. the new he-man is kind of monstrous-looking, actually; even more steroidal/muscular.

Speaking of films depicting aspects of contempory Maori culture (whalerider), has anyone seen once we were warriors? I've been meaning to rent it for a long time.

2001 space odyssey for the first time a few nights ago... Either I was really tired and fell asleep, or there was no real conclusion to the "evil computer" sequence of events.

Saw The Stranger also - excellent, if not quite the as excellent as the third man.

avi, nic cage was in "Adaptation", though.

i saw the first half of "Once Were Warriors" when it came out, but didn't finish it. i think i remember it was good.

i also saw "Attack of the Clones".