rolling movie thread

I still don't really know which Zhang Yimou film is my favorite. I knew a guy who was kind of obsessed with him so I've seen Ju Dou, Not One Less, Shanghai Triad, To Live, Hero, The Road Home, and Raise the Red Lantern. I guess the latter is probably my fave of his due to its lush cinematography (great use of color), excellent direction, and superb acting (specifically Gong Li). yeah.

I watched Saw on DVD so the quality was awful, but I thougt it was somewhat interesting--the acting/dialogue was unbelievably bad, though.

I'll register my disapproval of THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW and NATIONAL TREASURE (x10) on this thread.

Sanjuro and Yojimbo are faves, but you really can't go wrong if Toshiro Mifune is in it. Well, except for the Hidden Fortress which I thought was just mediocre.

saw a used copy of the criterion version of yojimbo, and wanted to see it before buying. so far it's worth picking up.

pretty sure they had both ran and sanjuro
and i was looking at picking up house of flying daggers and read some mediocre reviews of it as well. it's fairly cheap on ebay ($10 with shipping)

I own it!

I watched it on Halloween this year and also pre-Halloween (I think) last year. It's really good and there's some interesting permutations on the Dracula story...