Romeo's (Unnecesary?) Guitar Bends

Yes again I apologize, "unprofessional" was the wrong word. I meant this thread to be a like "ooh yea interesting I recognize that this is what I think blah blah" but I think I stated my opinion too harshly. I understand music is a subjective art (what an immense conversation topic - should be a thread on this) Anyway keep burning me everyone if you like but I'm done trying to fix what I've said. On your Opeth reference, yes I probably should but I'm pretty depressed Peter and Martin are gone.

*hugs* don't go to opeth... stick with the bromance.

Check this out and be wowed. http://youtube.com/watch?v=F7m3aIuGlUg That's as neo classical shred as it gets!

Thats totally sick, who would have thought someone could be that quick. I agree with you though, not much feel or soul, just thousands of notes. I play with an Ingwie diciple. He plays sweet as hell with feel and speed until hes confident of where hes at then he just blows it by shredin without soul. Thats why I prefer Romeo and Petrucci to Ingwie, that and better songs in the first place.

I'll get back to freezingeclipse when I find the opening notes hes speaking of, but I say, if its different then I like it. I just put music on and listen to it while I do other things. I actually dont even know most of the titles to my progressive bands songs. I just put 3 CD's in and let it rock, cover to cover. Commercial music is another story, then you have to pick and choose and the titles are drivin into your head by the repetitive chorus.

OK, On Divine Wings .... thats (its) funny!, how can that bother anyone? Its just different. It reminds me of the air chisel sound Jeff Beck used on "Guitar Shop". Kinda like he burped his guitar so it could speak more freely, cleared his throat, so to speak. Its not a bend. I think he did it because he is a pro and because ...... he could. OR - it could have been the tail end of something he was tracking in the studio just to try the this and thats, so he left it and punched it in there. Either way Im most certain it was totally intentional and he/they got a kick out of it. Its called progressive metal.

The bend everyone is talking about at the end of that batch of solos is after they are over and rather than beginning another bout, Romeo does a bluff or just throws that fading bend in there and lets the band settle into the riff and groove. That is actually very professional, one of those when less is more deals.

Nothing wrong with analyzing, you just have to realize you are dealing with individuality and take everything as a means of personal expression.

I love this song BTW, one of their handful of epic standouts.

Thats totally sick, who would have thought someone could be that quick. I agree with you though, not much feel or soul, just thousands of notes. I play with an Ingwie diciple. He plays sweet as hell with feel and speed until hes confident of where hes at then he just blows it by shredin without soul. Thats why I prefer Romeo and Petrucci to Ingwie, that and better songs in the first place.

I'll get back to freezingeclipse when I find the opening notes hes speaking of, but I say, if its different then I like it. I just put music on and listen to it while I do other things. I actually dont even know most of the titles to my progressive bands songs. I just put 3 CD's in and let it rock, cover to cover. Commercial music is another story, then you have to pick and choose and the titles are drivin into your head by the repetitive chorus.

I think Yngwie plays with feel. Listen to Alcatrazz No Parole From Rock n Roll and tell me he doesn't have feel...that was back in '83 too. Especially the ballad on that album Suffer Me...what a tremendous display of technical melded with feel...an absolute classic! Find that track and you'll be reformed.

I think Yngwie plays with feel. Listen to Alcatrazz No Parole From Rock n Roll and tell me he doesn't have feel...that was back in '83 too. Especially the ballad on that album Suffer Me...what a tremendous display of technical melded with feel...an absolute classic! Find that track and you'll be reformed.

Didnt mean to imply did not play with feel but I knew it came out that way. Yngwies biggest problem is predictability, after a few songs you get to feeling you've heard it before. I dont have any Alcatrazz, Im not suprised to hear his earlier stuff might have more emotion. I have Rising Force and Marching Out on cassette and never listened to them much. I have seen three G3 DVD's and his performance is my favorite of the three guests. But, Ill never have a steady diet of his music like I do Petrucci and Romeo or Oliva/Skolnick/Caffery/Pitrelli or Satch, ect., ect. Shread demons seem to become musically shipwrecked for the fact that they must be shred demons instead of trying something new or different. That "classical" scale gets old just as quickly as they play when thats all they play, as fast as they can play, all the time.

these vids you guys are posting... those guys had to play like 10000000 notes a second to get into this thread... but MJR only had to play 1!

gg

Didnt mean to imply did not play with feel but I knew it came out that way. Yngwies biggest problem is predictability, after a few songs you get to feeling you've heard it before. I dont have any Alcatrazz, Im not suprised to hear his earlier stuff might have more emotion. I have Rising Force and Marching Out on cassette and never listened to them much. I have seen three G3 DVD's and his performance is my favorite of the three guests. But, Ill never have a steady diet of his music like I do Petrucci and Romeo or Oliva/Skolnick/Caffery/Pitrelli or Satch, ect., ect. Shread demons seem to become musically shipwrecked for the fact that they must be shred demons instead of trying something new or different. That "classical" scale gets old just as quickly as they play when thats all they play, as fast as they can play, all the time.

I agree with a lot of that. I'm not a huge Yngwie fan...I respect his part and his influence on the growth of the intrument. I'll always love his playing on that Alcatrazz album...he was better in a group environment. After Rising Force, what more can he say unles he were to branch off in another direction...and that was like 23 year ago.

the songs demand those stuffs.it's awsome.it's not UNNECESARY at all.may be u couldn't find that "FEEL THING".its ur limitation.:lol: but u can not say those things are unnecesary.