Romeo's Tone

anconar

New Metal Member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Visit site
I just purchased the original Line 6 300W HD head, and I just can't seem to get my distortion right...it seems to be missing something. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you could give me settings that would give me a distortion close (if it's possible with my amp) to Romeo's on Divine Wings (which is a badass distortion). If not, please give me some ideas on what settings to have to get a great distortion. Thanks in advance.

Does that thing has an English translation if not can someone please please tell me what those mean:

Une ESP blanche avec un micro DiMarzio X2N pour les aigues et un ToneZone pour les graves.
Une ESP violette avec un micro DiMarzio X2N pour les aigues et un DiMarzio 'Fred' pour les graves.
Une ESP noire avec deux micros Seymour Duncan, mais celle-ci est très peu utilisée.

I though he only used a X2N and Tone zone

first, upgrade to software version 2.03: there are more amp models, and the sounds of the models are much more "natural". plus, there is a new "half-power" mode that is EXTREMELY usefull, especially for that 300 watt beast.

second, i would try blending the bogner uberschall model with a mesa dual rectifier model. put a LITTLE compression up front, and use the post-eq to shape your sound.

finally, try switching your global speaker settings. if they're currently set to "4x12", try switching them to "2x12", or vice-versa. depending on your cabinet(s) this can have a positive effect on your overall sound, and tighten things up.

a couple of great places to go for line6 amp (and vetta) information include:

http://www.instituteofnoise.com

and

http://www.vettaville.com

good luck

i always thought he was using the uberschall with a jcm 900 model mixed? i bet the dual rec with that would be killer, i use a psa-1 rackmount preamp and a tube power amp now, i created my own model with the psa and its crunchy as hell!

ok, i'm not looking for EXACT tone like Romeo has, but i'm interested can any1 help me with my processor. i want to make a patch that i can really hear notes when i play legato.

i have korg ax100g processor.
does anybody have any good patches for this one?