Romeo's New tone

That's pretty much how it is for me too. The solo stuff just gets to be too much for me most of the time...I almost always have a pretty solid idea of what I'm going to hear and how I'm going to feel about it before the track even starts. Some of his stuff has too much of a novelty feel to me (in much the same way a lot of buckethead and even a little bit of Vai has IMO). With the Freak Kitchen stuff, I can enjoy the songs and and his solos usually don't get to be "too much".

Agreed on the Buckethead and Vai comment.

I agree with what you guys are saying. Freak Kitchen is excellent as well. They have metaphoric anti-conformity meaning in their songs under their ridiculous lyrics and stuff. Such as "My New Haircut" which represents de-conformity...I think...lol

Honestly...I can only get into prog bands that are not your standard "Virtuoso" prog. I really only like Symphony X, Dream Theater, Nevermore, Opeth...stuff that isn't standard prog.

I just cannot get into Vai, Gilbert, Racer X, Satriani...I just cant do it lol

^ Dream Theater are very virtuostic... :p

Yeah but theyre just one of those band I just have to like hahaha. I HATE their new stuff though. I think its absolutely terrible. It sounds like Nu-Metal...I forget that song...the one with the shitty vocals. I thought they had Jonathan Davis do vocals for that track. It sucked.

nope... :mad:

I will soon though hopefully... I haven't bought any new cd's in ages, 1. cos I can never find any that I want any more, 2. cos all my money is going towards the new Caparison Horus which should arrive in just over a week... :D

just remember to wipe off those seemingly permanent finger prints before you post pics.:p

I can relate to the new axe anxiety, I think I'm going to sell my seven string when I get back to St. Paul for school next week and pull the trigger on the axis supersport I've been creaming over all summer.

How much you paying for that Horus?

I dont have enough money for a caparison so Im buying a DK2M on saturday and perhaps the Jeff Loomis 7 String this fall. Those things are badass. I want to save up for an ESP custom shop M too.

What are you playing through for an amp?

I dont have enough money for a caparison so Im buying a DK2M on saturday and perhaps the Jeff Loomis 7 String this fall. Those things are badass. I want to save up for an ESP custom shop M too.

Yikes! those Caparisons are mucho expensivo! I guess if you got it, spend it.

I love my Jackson...had it for years...good luck with it.

I know I just cant fork over $1800 for a horus...Oh how I want Romeo's Dellinger...

I'm not sure how I feel about wanting another man's Dellinger....but...:lol:

Yeah...I have honestly never needed to fork over a huge amount of money to find a great axe. I've played instruments selling for thousands and always found equal or better for a fraction of the cost.

I'm not sure how I feel about wanting another man's Dellinger....but...:lol:

:lol: Smartass...

Yeah guitars are just so much these days. That schecter that Loomis plays is beastly and not too much actually...its only $900 (not a lot for a standard sig 7 string)

I plan to swap the p'ups in the jackson with Dimarzios, the pickups for the gods, then eventually swap the jackson floyd for a schaller. Overall it will cost me less than $1000 after I've bought it an modded it and it will probably end up playing like many high end guitars. You just dont need to pay that much for a good guitar.

:lol: Smartass...

Yeah guitars are just so much these days. That schecter that Loomis plays is beastly and not too much actually...its only $900 (not a lot for a standard sig 7 string)

I plan to swap the p'ups in the jackson with Dimarzios, the pickups for the gods, then eventually swap the jackson floyd for a schaller. Overall it will cost me less than $1000 after I've bought it an modded it and it will probably end up playing like many high end guitars. You just dont need to pay that much for a good guitar.

That's what I would do too...except probably Duncans...but after the mods, you got a kick ass axe! Let's face it...it's an electric guitar...if you dig the neck, the next most important part is the pickups...It's not a concert quality classical. People go too overboard.

Yep. Its actually quite easy to get an awesome guitar for under $1000. You may just have to work a bit. People would rather waste their money on a 2 grand guitar rather than just use a bit of effort and do the same thing for around $700.

Lots... about $3KAUD, but by getting it new through the actual dealer here in Aus, I don't have to worry about all the shipping, import etc. and i get better customer support, so I figure it'll be worth it. :) I don't have a good amp, just a little practice amp with a Korg multi-effects... A better amp will probably be next on the hitlist...

Lots... about $3KAUD, but by getting it new through the actual dealer here in Aus, I don't have to worry about all the shipping, import etc. and i get better customer support, so I figure it'll be worth it. :) I don't have a good amp, just a little practice amp with a Korg multi-effects... A better amp will probably be next on the hitlist...

Don't you have Madisons in your video? No endorsements yet? Dude...am I nuts, or am I confusing you with someone else?