Room Within A Room In Garage

jauernis

Feb 11, 2007
Frisco, CA
www.myspace.com
Does anyone here have experience doing this? I want to be able to do this but I also can't stand attempting to get information on this subject in other forums such as the John Sayers forum...it's like a cult over there and if you don't edit your location in your user name you're $%^&ed!

Anyways I have a two car garage that I am allowed to build in, can't take the entire garage but most of it.

Here is my post on the John Sayers forum with pics and measurements:

http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11144&highlight=garage

1. Has anyone here built a studio in their garage? If so can I please pick your brain.

2. What would you guys do with this space?

3. I would like to keep this cheap as possible and worry more about treating the room. I dont care so much anymore about soundproofing, I do although want to reduce decibels. And I am thinking about just making it one room.

4. Also is it possible to just rockwool and sheetrock the entire garage and call it a day? Will that reduce decibels a bit?

Metalworks started a thread awhile ago documenting his process of converting his garage; try searching for threads he started!

The Sayers forum is good for general info these days...it's kind of hard to get anyone to help out with a design anymore. I think it is because since it has been around for a while now most of the info has been covered...which, IMO, this forum is getting to that point as well. Sad will be the day that the Sneap forum comes to that and all we can discuss is the latest releases of music and how much we hate/love it. We will have tutorials/guides on everything else so no matter what the question is, if it is regarding recording the answer will be "search" lol.

~006