Rough neighbourhoods near where you live

I'm no expert, but rewarding poor people for having more children sounds pretty counterproductive in terms of getting them back to work. There should be a "you only get one kid if you're on welfare" rule. Like China, man.

The baby bonus was nicknamed the plasma TV bonus, the moment it was introduced the sales of plasma TV's skyrocketed - coincidence?

China has abolished their one child policy, they will be the next superpower so they said FU to the policy. Their factories are churning out products at a rate of knots, the economy is booming and to run the factories and build a bigger army you need more people, something the world right now needs less of.

s

I use social welfare, I'll admit it. I get gov't assistance for food and am working on getting financial aide for my daughter's pre-school tuition. When the assistance is specifically rationed for specific reasons, welfare is useful. Unfortunately, welfare moms like the ones you have described exist all over America, and I have had the displeasure of knowing a few. I know a chick who pays less than $10/month for a 2 bedroom apartment (title 19 housing), gets $400+ food stamps (which she spends mostly on junk food and soda for her obese and hyperactive shithead kid), child support, WIC, disability, you name it. All she does is sit around smoking weed, getting drunk, and fucking all the dudes in her complex. I get so pissed about how she can live her lifestyle, but a man like me who is working and trying to make ends meet (but can't quite do it) has to jump through hoops to get a little gov't assistance.

I'm on welfare atm myself after losing my job,i'm starting at the maritime college on tuesday to get on a merchant vessel or oil rig,then i won't need to be on it.These bitches piss me off so much but it must be especially annoying for someone like yourself who's trying their hardest and setting a great example for your kid,why is it so easy for these loser mothers to do this shit...because they use their kids and it comes from their parents before them,both of my parents are very hard working and set an awesome example for me,of which i'm very grateful.Your daughter will be grateful when she's older,because of the values her father instilled in her.

I use social welfare, I'll admit it. I get gov't assistance for food and am working on getting financial aide for my daughter's pre-school tuition. When the assistance is specifically rationed for specific reasons, welfare is useful. Unfortunately, welfare moms like the ones you have described exist all over America, and I have had the displeasure of knowing a few. I know a chick who pays less than $10/month for a 2 bedroom apartment (title 19 housing), gets $400+ food stamps (which she spends mostly on junk food and soda for her obese and hyperactive shithead kid), child support, WIC, disability, you name it. All she does is sit around smoking weed, getting drunk, and fucking all the dudes in her complex. I get so pissed about how she can live her lifestyle, but a man like me who is working and trying to make ends meet (but can't quite do it) has to jump through hoops to get a little gov't assistance.

Food stamps should subsidize FRUITS AND VEGETABLES and NOT INCLUDE JUNK FOOD AND SODA ARGHHH. I know there are programs where poor folks can get discounted fruits and vegetables and healthy stuff but it really is ass-backwards how much cheaper it is to eat shit than to eat real food.

why the hell were you in Springfield?

To catch up on all the Metal in that town, LOL.

I did a Route 66 tour and drove from Chicago to Los Angeles. Went to Springfield in both Illinois and Missouri.

Prior to the tour I decided to visit nearby towns Toronto and Detroit, the tour ended in Las Vegas (a slight detour from R66) but... in for a penny, in for a pound, I wanted to get the full experience so drove it to the end - Santa Monica.

Pics start half way down this page:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/lord-off-topic/509166-travel-thread-3.html

s

Food stamps should subsidize FRUITS AND VEGETABLES and NOT INCLUDE JUNK FOOD AND SODA ARGHHH. I know there are programs where poor folks can get discounted fruits and vegetables and healthy stuff but it really is ass-backwards how much cheaper it is to eat shit than to eat real food.

It's funny how America's most poor are also our most obese.

Well, when the cheapest food available is fast food and processed garbage, what do you expect?

Also, there was a gun shot in our neighborhood tonight. Police came by, looking around, but don't think they found anything. Good thing I'm in the basement.

The obesity thing is really sad and terrifying when you think about the future. Junk food, fast food and eating out at restaurants make it super easy to get that way too.

It is actually cheaper to buy produce, but being lazy Americans, most of us are clueless and lazy about preparing meals. Why spend $20 on enough meat, vegetables, and grains to feed 1 person for about 3 - 5 days when you can spend the same $20 on a large delivery pizza?

The obesity thing is really sad and terrifying .

Not really, what's really sad and terrifying is people wanting to stay healthy and live as long as possible. This will lead to drastic consequencesa in unemployment for young people, placing a burden on the hospitals, added congestion/accidents on the road. Obese people at least don't get to an old age.

I live in a fairly wealthy suburb of Chicago, which happens to have very little Blacks or Hispanics, so violent crime doesn't happen too often here. I am in the city a bit though so I have seen my share of bad neighborhoods. Actually almost got mugged a few times.

Worst crime I ever saw in Toronto was when I was in a 7/11 late at night. It's at a pretty busy street corner right near a couple clubs that cater mostly to douchebags. As I was waiting in line a ton of said douchebags entered the store. The clerk immediately started calling the cops. The douchebags proceeded to grab as much coke and chips as they could and ran out. It was a somewhat surreal experience. My friend who was with me described it as a "World of Warcraft raid" which earned some chuckles from those of us who weren't stealing stuff.

Where I used to live there would be occasional burnt out cars in the middle of the road and graffiti on actual houses etc. I think some asylum seeker got his windows smashed every time he replaced them so he just had boards. Oh and like 8 and 9 year old kids used to 'play' which meant throwing half bricks at random people /cars and each other.

It wasn't that bad though, no one got shot or anything. I heard about an old man being beaten to death (or close to it, not sure, it was a long time ago, I was young) for small change for a slot machine though.

Not really, what's really sad and terrifying is people wanting to stay healthy and live as long as possible. This will lead to drastic consequences in unemployment for young people, placing a burden on the hospitals, added congestion/accidents on the road. Obese people at least don't get to an old age.

That's not sad or terrifying, it's human nature to fear and evade dying. It is weird for sure though when people succeed and there are whole cities where 50% of the population are seniors.

cookiecutter that is the best crime ever. Reminds me of the "EXTREME" gang in "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle."

I saw a couple fights on the city bus when I was working downtown. The best one was this semi-retarded/otherwise mental guy who started shit with me going "I DON'T LIKE CHINESE PEOPLE" and I being me couldn't take the high road and got all "SHUT UP OR I'LL BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU" and then all these buff dudes started threatening to pummel him. The driver kicked him off.

My mom is from Detroit (inner city, not burbs). Amazing and heartbreaking how it just imploded on itself like that.

I met a guy in Illinois who used to work for GM, he was almost upset saying, ‘I feel really embarrassed as an American for you to have to see that….and the Govt. knows all about it and they’re doing nothing”

Not really, what's really sad and terrifying is people wanting to stay healthy and live as long as possible. This will lead to drastic consequences in unemployment for young people, placing a burden on the hospitals, added congestion/accidents on the road.

This is where you’re wrong, by living longer you don’t live longer in a hospital bed.

e.g. by staying physical and healthy, at age 70 you will be as agile as a 50 year old rather than wheelchair bound with a broken hip, you may still die at the same old age but you will not die in hospital.

Also as I’ve seen here older seniors tend to retire later, keep their jobs longer, have more personal income and this puts less drain on the welfare system. Young people are still employed and often learn a lot from the oldies at work, some even volunteer their services. When a company has to downsize it tends to get rid of the older people just as much as they take on less young people.

The problem is when there is not enough babies and less young people to take jobs paying less tax and lots of seniors on welfare/hospital. This is one reason why the baby bonus was introduced - to encourage more people to breed – that was meant to encourage working couples that couldn’t afford to leave work to have kids not for unemployed to produce more of the same.

Immigration leads to congestion/accidents moreso but don’t get me started on that.

s

i love telling people about the rough places near where i live, it's great. i live in plymouth, MA, thats right, pilgrims, indians, thanksgiving, blah blah blah. the rock and the big ship and whatnot. that's cool, but plymouth sucks. it used to be nicer than it is now like ten or fifteen years ago, but every year it just gets worse and worse. opiates, primarily percs and heroin, and guns are the two main themes in this town. pot, too, and i dont mean teenage kids walking around puffing on joints, i mean there are major drug dealers in plymouth that sell fuckin large amounts of weed.

plymouth is bullshit. a kid at a party emptied a whole clip of hollow tipped bullets into two other kids over a beer a couple months ago, one died and one is paralyzed. ive seen a kid get his head stomped in. theres stabbings all the time, people fight with baseball bats, its stupid. i got robbed at gunpoint in a stop and shop parking lot in broad daylight.

plymouth is divided into sections, basically, each one treated as its own area. West Plymouth, Downtown, North Plymouth, Chiltonville, and South Plymouth (which is divided into Manomet and Cedarville). There are also two low income communities that stand on their own called Mayflower Village and Algonquin Heights. mayflower and algonquin used to be the only really bad parts of plymouth before it got like this, but now North is the worst, and south plymouth is awful, cedarville being worse than manomet. and every neighborhood is bad for the same reasons. kids start doing drugs, kids start selling drugs, they get guns, everyone wants to prove theyre tough and gangsta and what not, and they do things first without thinking of the consequences. and if they dont end up fucked by the end of their teenage years, they just become addicts and bums as they get older.

I myself have a drug problem, but i'm getting help and i'm going to get the fuck out of this town one day and its going to be sweeeet