Round 1: Less favorite Opeth album

Round 1: Less favorite Opeth album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Deliverance for me. Still brilliant though.

Good God! Orchid is in first!!! Thats one of my favorites by them!

I think that if Orchid had production qualities, a better death vocal (less raspy, more menacing), and some fat trimmed off of its songs (what's fat and what's not is anyone's opinion), it would be better than Deliverance. However, at the current time, Deliverance gets about 2 spins in the CD player for every one time Orchid is played...roughly.

I won't be an ass and tell someone who disagrees with me that they're wrong. It's just my own opinion, but whatever, there are the reasons.

naboo said:
Deliverance for me. Still brilliant though.

Good God! Orchid is in first!!! Thats one of my favorites by them!

well, right now, Deliverance is in first with 17 to Orchid's 16 at the time of this post... but I'm ashamed it's gotten so much disrespect.

Well keep in mind that its not so much disrespect as it is a prefference for their other work... I decided to play Orchid a few minutes ago, and I'm listening to it right now. Its very good, no, excellent rather... but I stand by my vote...

The raspy growl is actually much harder to do than a normal death growl. With a death growl you're simply pushing air with the gut, but with the rasp, you're getting the vocal chords into it... meaning mucho-pain. Pain whilst growling to me = more metal.

Oh btw if Orchid wins this over Deliverance, I'm banning you all. :)

Moonlapse said:
The raspy growl is actually much harder to do than a normal death growl. With a death growl you're simply pushing air with the gut, but with the rasp, you're getting the vocal chords into it... meaning mucho-pain. Pain whilst growling to me = more metal.

Oh btw if Orchid wins this over Deliverance, I'm banning you all. :)

My friend just asked me to growl some death vocals into a track for his band...its not like they can't do it themselves, but he just thought it would be cool, anyway. And you're right. It hurts like F%^&ing hell.

So does screaming, I went through like 46 cough drops after practicing today.

It's awesome though, I love it.

Deliverance or Damnation by far should be winning this poll...they don't really offer much compared to album like ORCHID(!!!). Who cares if it's oldschool Opeth or not, it's the most emotional album by far, most melodic, atmospheric, diverse, time/tempo shifting.etc etc...yeah I know I'm being opinionating so I'll quit. Orchid's just suits my tastes more with it's creativity and imagination. Clearly some of the best clean passages metal's ever seen.

heh
i just voted to vote... this answer changes all the time... for a while i would have put orchid and still life down the list, but lately i've been playing them all the time!
it just cycles around, i guess.
also didn't listen to damnation much, but now really appreciate it.