Round 1 Results (RC March Metal Madness)

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Bracket 1
Warning - Watching From a Distance (11) vs. Klabautamann - Der Ort (8)
Moonsorrow - Verisäkeet (13) vs. Drudkh - Blood in our Wells (19)
Lost Horizon - Awakening the World (6) vs. Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets (14)
Into Eternity - Buried in Oblivion (10) vs. Novembers Doom - The Pale Haunt Departure (14)
Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars (16) vs. Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice (13)
Vreid - Pitch Black Brigade (15) vs. Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden (6)
Thyrfing - Urkraft (12) vs. Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness (16)
The Chasm - Conjuration of the Spectral Empire (12) vs. Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness (16)

Bracket 2
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor (10) vs. Destroyer 666 - Phoenix Rising (23)
Isis - Panopticon (22) vs. Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls (8)
Zero Hour - Towers of Avarice (9) vs. Orphaned Land - Mabool (13)
Woods of Ypres - Against the Seasons (15) vs. Repugnant - Epitome Of Darkness (5)
Angra - Temple of Shadows (4) vs. Amon Amarth - Versus the World (26)
Reverend Bizarre - In The Rectory Of The Bizarre Reverend (16) vs. Sólstafir - Masterpiece of Bitterness (9)
Meshuggah - Catch 33 (7) vs. Maudlin of The Well - Leaving Your Body Map (13)
Katatonia - Viva Emptiness (8) vs. Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine (23)

Bracket 3
Negura Bunget - N' Crugu Bradului (26) vs. Melechesh - Sphynx (5)
Vital Remains - Dechristianize (18) vs. Satyricon - Now, Diabolical (7)
Empyrium - Weiland (16) vs. Opeth - Blackwater Park (14)
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines (17) vs. Gojira - From Mars to Sirius (10)
Disillusion - Back to Times of Splendor (15) vs. Secrets of the Moon - Antihesis (4)
Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done (10) vs. Symphony X - V: The New Mythology Suite (11)
Enslaved - Below the Lights (26) vs. Mar De Grises - The Tatterdemalion Express (5)
Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung (14) vs. Pagan Altar - Lords of Hypocrisy (10)

Bracket 4
Colour Haze - Colour Haze (12) vs. Mastodon - Leviathan (11)
Pyramaze - Melancholy Beast (7) vs. Spiritual Beggars - Ad Astra (10)
October Falls - Tuoni (11) vs. Tool - Lateralus (12)
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness (19) vs. Slough Feg - Traveller (10)
Graveland - Dawn Of Iron Blades (8) vs. Summoning - Oath Bound (17)
Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors (17) vs. The Crown - Deathrace King (10)
Agalloch - The Mantle (28) vs. Ayreon - Human Equation (4)
Manegarm - Vredins Tid (11) vs. Celtic Frost - Monotheist (10)

Round 2 coming shortly...

Zod

Damn, Towers of Avarice got that many votes? Don't get me wrong, I love the album to death and was thinking of voting for it believing Mabool would slaughter it, but I couldn't vote against OL in good conscience. Another surprise is seeing Gojira lose early, guess they're more of a band with a few rabid supporters than a true RC cult band, or they lost standing for touring with the likes of Trivium and COB...

I'm fucking happy to see Warning (which has been out maybe 4 months) making it past the first round!

Not so much to see Slough Feg out so early.

Not so much to see Slough Feg out so early.

I agree. I voted Traveller since The Gathering Wilderness is my least favorite Primordial album, and Traveller is my favorite Slough Feg album.

Edit: That is not me saying TGW is a bad album, I still enjoy it a lot. Just not as much as other Primordial albums.

I think with this list that it is at now, I won't be No Voting anymore. Granted, it's a very solid list of albums for round 2.

TGE is light years above DHIADW, EoR, and the S/T. It's right up there with PoE and DINB in my book, if not better.

I'm sad to see Pyramaze and Gojira fall, but ye can't win em all.

very close match ups, separated by just a single vote:

Dark Tranquility v Symphony X
Color Haze v Mastodon
October Falls vs Tool
Manegarm vs Celtic Frost