Round 1 Results (RC March Metal Madness)

you know, we should have a short interlude between each round, so we can carefully assess the results in a thread like this before voting for the next batch

it's like we've all eaten too much sugar :loco:

The following surprised me...

Wolves over DSO... I thought DSO would win hands down. Not because they're better, just because I thought they had more RC love.

Green Carnation over Thyrfing... I would have bet Thyrfing would win easy.

Isis over Bruce Dickinson... not surprised Dickinson lost, just surprised he was trounced.

Hammers of Misfortune over Katatonia... again, not surprised by the outcome, just the score.

Nile over Gojira... I would have bet on Gojira, and it wasn't evern close.

Symphony X over Dark Tranquillity... although this SX CD may be one of the top two or three discs in this tourny, I didn't there was any SX love in these parts.

Zod

Enslaved - Below the Lights (26) vs. Mar De Grises - The Tatterdemalion Express (5)

I guess a lot of people haven't heard that Mar De Grises maybe, and voted Enslaved by default? I always thought most people didn't like BtL on here (or at least that opinion was very split). That Mar De Grises is great.

I think it's only post BtL Enslaved that people around here have a problem with. But yeah, I figure a good few probably did vote for Enslaved by default.

(I still think Monumension should have represented Enslaved for this time period.)

Would it be worthwhile do another round with the losers from the first round in a face off, just as a sort of second chance? That might be too much work on Zod's part, but it would be interesting to see if any of these would do better in a different face off.

I guess a lot of people haven't heard that Mar De Grises maybe, and voted Enslaved by default? I always thought most people didn't like BtL on here (or at least that opinion was very split). That Mar De Grises is great.

It was a tough vote for me. I own and enjoy both...but it came down to which one I listen to the most.