Round 2 Results (RC March Metal Madness)

Destroyer 666 edging out Isis' "Panopticon"? Didn't realize there was that much D666 love.

Zod

They beat Sabbath in last year's tournament, so it doesn't surprise me, although I of course don't agree with the result. The Neurosis loss also surpises me, but the Novembers Doom one is a very good album (I still say they've improved with each one, though I haven't heard Novella yet), and they have that Heathen Crusade boost...not that it helped Vried any. :)

Immortal got my vote simply because I listen to it more than GC. And that's about all the logic I used in this case. Same applies to Symphony X. The truth is, Disillusion possibly is the better album where V is just waaay too long, but damn, that was the toughest vote.
While I truly enjoy that Disillusion disc, I don't think it holds a candle to V. From the songwriting, to the musicianship, to the lyrics, and of course Russell's amazing voice, V is superior (for me) in every way. That said, the one criticism of V I will accept, is the one you made. While I don't think there are any weak moments on this disc, had they cut the 5 - 7 of the least wonderful moments, the disc as a whole would be stronger.

Zod