Sweet 16 Results (RC March Metal Madness)

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Bracket 1
Drudkh - Blood in our Wells (23) vs. Novembers Doom - The Pale Haunt Departure (7)
Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars
(22) vs.Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness (11)

Bracket 2
Destroyer 666 - Phoenix Rising
(17) vs. Woods of Ypres - Against the Seasons (15)
Reverend Bizarre - In The Rectory Of The Bizarre Reverend
(8) vs. Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine (17)

Bracket 3
Negura Bunget - N' Crugu Bradului
(22)vs. Empyrium - Weiland (9)
Symphony X - V: The New Mythology Suite
(7) vs. Enslaved - Below the Lights (23)

Bracket 4
Colour Haze - Colour Haze
(5) vs. Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness (25)
Summoning - Oath Bound
(7) vs. Agalloch - The Mantle (23)

The next round will be posted tomorrow morning...

Zod

How predictable though...Drudkh, Agalloch, Negura Bunget in the final four...the only one that I imagine could even slightly be contested is D666 and HoM.

How predictable though...Drudkh, Agalloch, Negura Bunget in the final four...the only one that I imagine could even slightly be contested is D666 and HoM.

isn't that kind of the way it's meant to be though? i mean if there were three big upsets in their place i think they would meet some kind of negative reaction, surprise at the very least...

edit: the mantle is my current all time #1, and blood in our wells has been really high up there ever since it came out. i'm pleased :headbang:

Why do we bother doing it then if it's so obvious what albums it's going to come down to? To double check to make sure everything's still kosher?

Let's have a March Madness top album of the 90's tournament following this one. Fuck waiting a year!! Let's keep this shiat going year round until we are exhausted with possibilities.

We should do one where the outcome isn't so obvious. The board's post-2000 tastes are far too similar because we all developed and lived through them together, so we all listen to the same shit through that.

i recently placed an order for the WITTR album. i hope i like it more than that overrated 5/10 weakling album