Royal Carnage Sucks

The best bit is when we were told to read tabs...!:lol:

One guy even complained that a review shouldn't be an opinion. *shaking head in disbelief*

Black Winter Day said:
wasn't the review posted there in order to incite flame-age???
Oh sure, says the guy who shut down the Cannibal Corpse forum! :p I've noticed that Josh likes to promote our reviews around the appropriate forum, good or bad. Besides, either one should lead to intelligent discussion, no? He didn't say "Children of Boredom suck ASS, check out our review of your stupid shitty band!!!"

Tabs... grrr... those fucking things make me angry, they lead to sloppy musicianship. *admits that he used them extensively in the past*

Black Winter Day said:
wasn't the review posted there in order to incite flame-age???

You'd think that sensible discussions would come out of review articles whether they be positive or negative.

We also inform all our labels of our reviews, whether good or bad. And they have to accept it and be professional about it.

NAD, don't get me wrong, i think that flaming is great! it's just when you post a bad review of a band on their own messageboard, there should be no surprise when they start acting like childish morons. keep in mind. . . these ARE children of bodom fans, after all. :) what do you expect???

what, posted a CoB review on the nevermore board?? *gasp!*

:lol: but seriously, it would probably incite similar remarks

if someone posted something here, some review of RC and saying it sucks, you probably wouldn't have such asinine responses because 1) the people here are intelligent in their discussions and 2) there are less people here and therefore less idiots.

Reminds me of the kids on the Anthrax forum - "our bands n00 album is r0x0rs and ne1 who disagrees is GEIGH". While I can't comment on CoB, I must say those Anthrax people were horribly deluded...

I couldn't help sticking my oar in that thread, anyway :p

Black Winter Day said:
NAD, don't get me wrong, i think that flaming is great! it's just when you post a bad review of a band on their own messageboard, there should be no surprise when they start acting like childish morons. keep in mind. . . these ARE children of bodom fans, after all. :) what do you expect???
Yeah... I'm pretty certain the same wouldn't at all happen at, say, the Dark Tranquillity forum.

phyre said:
Yeah... I'm pretty certain the same wouldn't at all happen at, say, the Dark Tranquillity forum.
Man, I love the organization of that forum. Every typical forum thread is ongoing, unless you don't read the FAQ.

The maturity level (and overall understanding of the world) is so extremely low at that CoB board, I was shocked. Amused, but shocked.

Not sure where to ask this question, and it doesn't really deserve it's own thread. It does have to do with how much RC sucks (har har), so...

Have you guys considered using actual names instead of internet handles on the site? It doesn't bother me at all, being that I already like RC (the cola too!), and I'm familiar with you guys through the forum. To be honest though, I think if your average Joe checks out the site, the credibility may be undermined a little because of 'who' did the review. Just a thought...

Yeah, I've thought about changing my handle to Adrian for review purposes, and if I ever use my RC work to land a writing job somewhere, I'm sure I will.

Honestly though (you'll laugh at this), the reason I haven't asked Ali to change my handle to Adrian Smith is because then I would be the first on the About Us page, and I don't want it to seem like a scheme to put me up at the top, technically I'm still the new guy anyhow. I'm a goon, I know. :lol:

Wait, I could be listed as "Smith, Adrian" that way I wouldn't be hogging the top. That doesn't eliminate the Iron Maiden confusion though... beer is good.