The GMD forum

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
So what happened with the GMD? I'm just trying to remember whether it was always this atrocious, or whether it got progressively worse in the last 12 months. I really do think that it's the latter. Am I wrong?

I mean, seriously, just pick any thread and decide. It's extraordinary. Here's one about Hammerfall -- a band I cannot stand -- but amazingly, within 2 pages, the thread serves to remind why so many people must avoid the GMD altogether: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171513&page=1&pp=25.

With all seriousness, UM really needs to bring back the Hate Pit. :tickled:

I used to like GMD a lot. It used to be mostly extreme metal orientated, which was good. A bunch of people who actually were able to contribute in interesting discussions used to post there too.

Then a shitload of crap persons with bad taste in music and no knowledge of spelling/grammar/punctuation joined, and started several shit "(Insert nu-metal band here) appreciation" threads. It's actually become a bit better during the last couple of months, however, mainly due to GoD becoming a moderator. There still are members who give me the EXTREME creeps, especially that BlizzardOZ guy whose Deicide/Glen Benton rants have been a source of much frustration the last weeks.

There still are persons who are able to discuss and contribute in metal discussions there, such as GoD, SculptedCold, Somberlain, Life Sucks, Cythraul, V.V.V.V.V, Lykathea, Erik, fotmbm, Tanith, xxChaosManifestoxx, Jean-Pierre and Pyrus. I may not always agree with their views, but their posts are generally coherent and have good grammar/spelling, and that's ALWAYS a major plus. They're the main reason for me still frequenting GMD.

Hahahahaha @ NicodemiX signature. Quoted signatures reach a new high point.

GMD sucks now because it's BORING! You used to go in there and watch all the idiot children run around but now it's too serious.

Yes, bring back the Hate Pit. What an incredible idea.

I really do think the Hate Pit should return. If you hate a band so much, start a thread in the Hate Pit and let everyone slam it, hooray!! It even becomes funny - the hate pit ruled so much.

I'm sure it's one of about 400 requests, but sometimes you have to Fight the Good Fight, or something.

One Inch Man said:
I'm sure it's one of about 400 requests, but sometimes you have to Fight the Good Fight, or something.

:lol: That reminds me of a drawing I once made - I was 11, and had just discovered NOFX. I remember being literally blown away by what I heard - this was even BETTER than Offspring and Green Day :D Anyways, 'twas a drawing of a punker with clenched fists, saying "Fight The Good Fight - Destroy Haters Of NOFX!". I feel ashamed when thinking about it now, even though I still love the band.

I used to post there all the time, but jesus it was becoming unbearable. It was a collection of stubborn egomanical persons of moderate intelligence whom never argued a relevant point, but instead argued semantics as nauseum.

I am glad someone recommended this forum, so I can bother you guys.

They cut out the Hate Pit previously because it was filled with racist, sexist, hate filled antagonism that had nothing to do with music. Thing is, when going in there, you knew that it lived by the rules of 'anything goes', and man, it was just hysterical.

Now it's all spilled into the GMD, but it's ONLY about slamming bands now. There are a thousand unknown bands out there and it's a shame you can't bring them to people's attention in one central location (other than this forum of course) without everyone telling you your taste in music is teh gay etc. I dunno, I'm just thinking about the Hate Pit as 'self-containment'.

This place >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>