ROYAL CARNAGE: You have to see this IRON MAIDEN feature...

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
www.royalcarnage.com

NEW FEATURE AT ROYAL CARNAGE: A comprehensive overview of the legends themselves....IRON MAIDEN. This one's got heart, you can tell when you read this stuff - we're such big fans.

So what have we got for ya...

Intro:
Fucking brilliant animated GIF - shoot The Trooper already!

Reviews:
Iron Maiden
Killers
Maiden Japan
Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Live After Death
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
No Prayer for the Dying
Fear of the Dark
A Real Live Dead One
The X Factor
Virtual XI
Brave New World
Beast Over Hammersmith
BBC Archives
Best of the B' Sides

Bonus Interview:
The Iron Maidens!! The worlds only all female tribute band...hilarious interview!

And...we were also lucky to have some of our friends in the metal world provide quotes on what Maiden means to them...Cruachan, Evergrey, Power Quest, Steel Prophet, and more!

Go read!!! Follow the banner signature below! !!:headbang:

Tell us what you think - come visit our forum on UM!

:Spin:

Great job Royal Carnage!!!
:worship:
I read through all the reviews and found the webpages very well done, easy to read and full of great information on the albums and the band. The very indepth review of the B Sides album was fascinating... that was a collection I had overlooked until now. Also, the reviewer's comments about the state of music and the UK at the time of each albums release was an unexpected highlight that adds some interesting perspective for us 'yanks'.:p

Enjoyed the interview with Chickinson of The Iron Maidens as well. She said on her mb that she had only about 3 hours sleep prior to the interview and was running on Red Bull... which made for a humorous interview that sounded like a lot of fun! Their show that night must have been incredible! I've been lucky enough to have seen 'em a few times, and The Maidens definitely are extremely talented musicians that do an excellent job with the material as you New Yawkers found out!
All in all, very well done guys! Thanks!:headbang:Up the Irons!!!

CrankYanker said:
Great job Royal Carnage!!!
!:worship:
I read through all the reviews and found the webpages very well done, easy to read and full of great information on the albums and the band.

Thank you for the kind words - it's good to share with other Maiden fans around the world.

The very indepth review of the B Sides album was fascinating... that was a collection I had overlooked until now.

Yeah we wanted to go beyond just standard reviews - you know, "cool riff here", "nice singing there" etc. I think the reviews tell a story, and the B-Sides have a small story per single.

Also, the reviewer's comments about the state of music and the UK at the time of each albums release was an unexpected highlight that adds some interesting perspective for us 'yanks'.:p

That be me, heh. I'm a Brit that just happens to live in the grand ol' USA now (NY). :)

All in all, very well done guys! Thanks!!:headbang:Up the Irons!!!

Thanks again. It makes it all worthwhile. :cool:

ZeroTolerance said:
some biased reviews though...

FOTD 5,5/10
TXF 8/10 :lol:

Hmmmm interesting.... can you expand on what you mean by "biased"? I review each and every album as objectively as possible, whether I generally like the band or not. FOTD is no exception, and I certainly did not let the masses' general consensus influence my thought process in any way. Just curious man, thanks.

Papa Josh said:
No, just that those two songs just don't do a whole lot for me. I like the latter a bit, though.
Oh, alright. It's okay. I rank them as the best on that album. This illustrates just how controvercial this album is, among Maiden fans. There's lots of different opinions about it. It took me 5 years to really like this album. Guess it had to grow on me, like X Factor has done. ;)