ROYAL CARNAGE: You have to see this IRON MAIDEN feature...

Tormentor said:
Oh, alright. It's okay. I rank them as the best on that album. This illustrates just how controvercial this album is, among Maiden fans. There's lots of different opinions about it. It took me 5 years to really like this album. Guess it had to grow on me, like X Factor has done. ;)

For me, most of my issues with NPftD and X Factor revolve around production values. The songs aren't exactly disasterous, but the production is just piss poor.

NPftD doesn't sound polished enough for me (a la Powerslave). And The X Factor needs extra amounts of volume just to hear it at a decent level. Those 'quiet' intros with Blaze trying to hit the right notes are almost inaudible (as well as excruciating).

:Spin:

Iron Maiden are the very benchmark of how other Metal bands are judged. If Maiden had only those excellent 80s albums I'd say a band couldn't be better then Maiden... only as good in a different way. But since they had those less than stellar 90s albums I guess it may be possible for a band to achieve "better than Maiden " status. Possible but very unlikely to happen in our life times.

Note: this thread is completely irelevent to you if you think Maiden suck.

Tormentor said:
Guess it had to grow on me, like X Factor has done. ;)

I'll admit that it grew on me too, and if there is one album that needs to be redone with Bruce on vocals, it's gotta be The X Factor.

I don't think the first two need to be touched, but Maiden may want to consider doing their own "Days of Purgatory" or "Blast from the Past" with the Bailey material.