ROYAL HUNT

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
Before last night, I was virtually unfamilar with RH's work, but I am now a fan of this group! Andre Andersen and the boys kicked ass! It was way beyond awesome to finally get to see and hear one of my vocal heroes(Mark Boals) perform live! The new bassist did wonderfully and their latest guitarist was in fine form, as well. I'd love to see them again! Set rating: 9.5/10

This was THE band on this year's line-up for myself, I'm heartbroken I missed this. I am absolutely crazy about some of their stuff, and to have missed their first show in the US, it's sad. Oh well, glad to hear it was awesome. If anyone can give a setlist I'd be very interested.

I was really looking forward to Royal Hunt and I enjoyed the show, but the set seemed lacking to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe I just built it up too much for myself or maybe I am too used to the old live albums with DB Cooper, which completly rock.

I was really looking forward to Royal Hunt and I enjoyed the show, but the set seemed lacking to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe I just built it up too much for myself or maybe I am too used to the old live albums with DB Cooper, which completly rock.
I didn't have anything to compare it to, so I thought it was absolutely awesome!:headbang::kickass:

I knew it friend! Royal Hunt was amazing one of the best I have ever seen. I loved every second of their set! I knew you would love the Hunt, And they were so very very nice when signing, too. Andre signed all of my Royal Hunt and his solo stuff and I have like 25 different things for him to sign and he signed them all to nice. The band was spot on I hope they put Last Goodbye, River of Pain,Message to God, and the Mission on the dvd! I must relive that day after day. Royal Hunt was my fav. this year!

I think I said this elsewhere on the forum, but the thing that might've been lacking for you was they weren't nearly as energetic as most bands. As I said before though, these guys aren't a fist pounding, metallic onslaught like Sabaton. They're probably the best musicians of the show, outside of Fates Warning that is and they played perfectly in my eyes.

I think I said this elsewhere on the forum, but the thing that might've been lacking for you was they weren't nearly as energetic as most bands. As I said before though, these guys aren't a fist pounding, metallic onslaught like Sabaton. They're probably the best musicians of the show, outside of Fates Warning that is and they played perfectly in my eyes.

Or the way too loud of sound for their style of music. It did not sound good, Mark's vocals were sunk in the mix (you could hear him but not as well as you should), and it sounded like it was clipping (though the sound board didn't indicate this, its still how it sounded to me). They just didn't do for me live what they do on album. Oh well.

I knew it friend! Royal Hunt was amazing one of the best I have ever seen. I loved every second of their set! I knew you would love the Hunt, And they were so very very nice when signing, too. Andre signed all of my Royal Hunt and his solo stuff and I have like 25 different things for him to sign and he signed them all to nice. The band was spot on I hope they put Last Goodbye, River of Pain,Message to God, and the Mission on the dvd! I must relive that day after day. Royal Hunt was my fav. this year!
It so great to watch their set with you up front close to the rail. What a great time!:headbang::kickass:

The coolest bunch of people...took pictures with all me and my friends and were very graceful by talking to us and astaying after autographs for some more pictures!!! Where was Mark Boals though??? Other than that, one of my favorite bands, more-so after their kick-ass performance and graciousness!!! And how about those beauties on background vocals??

The coolest bunch of people...took pictures with all me and my friends and were very graceful by talking to us and astaying after autographs for some more pictures!!! Where was Mark Boals though??? Other than that, one of my favorite bands, more-so after their kick-ass performance and graciousness!!! And how about those beauties on background vocals??

Boals unfortunately flew out that morning. Too bad cuz I had a copy of Yngwie's Trilogy that only needed him on it. Everyone else was really cool though.

Great performance, one of my favorites from the weekend, but I wish I had more energy to give back to them but Sabaton kicked my ass so bad I had to sit down! I really liked the new RH song they played too.

Boals unfortunately flew out that morning. Too bad cuz I had a copy of Yngwie's Trilogy that only needed him on it. Everyone else was really cool though.

Great performance, one of my favorites from the weekend, but I wish I had more energy to give back to them but Sabaton kicked my ass so bad I had to sit down! I really liked the new RH song they played too.

Yes, the song ripped....a little more like their older stuff. I asked Andre on the autograph session and he told me the new album should be ready by the end of the year!!!! As for the Trilogy album, have you been collecting autographs from the other musicians from different times?? If so, you'll definitely catch Boals again someday!!!

While all the hype was on Sabaton (a band that does nothing for me) I thought Royal Hunt was fucking incredible. Mark Boals vocals were amazing, and holy fuck does Marcus Jidell have a great guitar tone! So much feeling, and emotion in his playing. His phrasing is through the roof. I would recommend people who enjoyed that check out Marcus Jidell's other band THE RING which is actually Melodic Metal.

http://www.thering.se

One of my favorites this year. I think the bass player from the Rob Rock band was in Royal Hunt. He looked familiar from last year.

Yes that was Andreas Passmark from Rob's Band, and also Andreas plays bass for the Nightmare Records band NARNIA. Andreas is one of the best bass players around, and one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

their performance was ok, couldnt hear the keys in some parts. marks vocals were way too low throughout the entire set, maybe thats cause i was on the rail for them?

regardless, they left some imporant tracks out of their set list, they also played a new song live called "back to square one" i think. while it sounded like a solid tune, i just dont think a band with a massive body of work like them should have played a new track when they didnt have very long to play themselves.

their set list would have been better if they would have included at least:
exit wound
high noon at the battlefield
and land of broken hearts

overall i enjoyed them, but nothing past that. i was looking forward to them more than any band at the festival. their cds still kick ass though.