Rudra kicks so much ass

Demilich said:
i didn't like the other mp3 in the old Rudra thread... so please get a new one up NOW!

I wouldn't hold your breath, it's not like you're going to get anything radically different with this one. You either like their style or not I suppose...

@NADster - the Nile comparisons exist because (a) the play DM, and (b) they play with that "eastern" vibe. The biggest difference is that they're actually from the country they write about. :tickled:

not bad ... maybe I should not have seen that pic of them :loco: sounds a little dissjointed ... but good stuff

JayKeeley said:
The biggest difference is that they're actually from the country they write about. :tickled:
You dudes are still on about this crap?! Next thing you'll say is I can't bitch about the government because I've never been to Washington DC! :Spin:

I'll listen to this at home tonight, speakers suck here.

JayKeeley said:
How did you hear it already!!!?? Fuck, you didn't even let it run through to the end did you?

did too ... I laughed at the intro as it sounds like stuff at the Indian temple I go to sometimes ... it's not bad ... a bit primitive (which makes me understand why J likes it)

You dudes are still on about this crap?! Next thing you'll say is I can't bitch about the government because I've never been to Washington DC!

speaking of that .. let me see what my buddy Karl is up to at nilechat.net :lol:

One Inch Man said:
You dudes are still on about this crap?! Next thing you'll say is I can't bitch about the government because I've never been to Washington DC! :Spin:

Nah, it's all tongue in cheek. :tickled:

But you know, how weird would it be for a Christian to sing about the love of Satan? Or for a non-Irish person to write a song like "The Coffin Ships"?

But I promise, I'm not trying to jack this thread. :loco:

lurch70 said:
did too ... I laughed at the intro as it sounds like stuff at the Indian temple I go to sometimes

Well, yeah, it's Indian!!

... it's not bad ... a bit primitive (which makes me understand why J likes it)

Definitely. In fact, that song is from the latest album which has the absolute cleanest production -- their earlier works are really grim productions.

Bear in mind that, unlike Nile, this is a small band with a very select following releasing their own albums, in SE Asia. I can't imagine that they've got $$ to pour into the production, but I suppose you like all that high-gloss pop production shit don't ya? :loco:

JayKeeley said:
Nah, it's all tongue in cheek. :tickled:

But you know, how weird would it be for a Christian to sing about the love of Satan? Or for a non-Irish person to write a song like "The Coffin Ships"?

But I promise, I'm not trying to jack this thread. :loco:
Or a band from San Francisco naming themselves after an Irish legend? :loco:

slough_feg_2.jpg

Bear in mind that, unlike Nile, this is a small band with a very select following releasing their own albums, in SE Asia. I can't imagine that they've got $$ to pour into the production, but I suppose you like all that high-gloss pop production shit don't ya?

I think the production is fine on that song ... it's their style that is a little off. Sounds too "individual" like they are not playing as a team ... maybe the mix is to blame then.

One Inch Man said:
Yeah but that picture rules! Check out the shitty pentagram on the bass amp! :kickass:

True. Every amp needs a pentagram doodle. Looks like he used "white out" correction paint. :tickled:

lurch70 said:
I think the production is fine on that song ... it's their style that is a little off. Sounds too "individual" like they are not playing as a team ... maybe the mix is to blame then.

Such a fickle gypsy. :lol:

you know my Indian friend .. the one you met ... he has a thing about India and his people in general.

his thing is that you can get good stuff out of that country, super talented people, great products, everything ... but the presentation or the packaging of said products is always lacking ... I can't explain it ... but maybe you know what I mean.

for example ... he was in some black marble imporitng business ... all is great, great carvings, pieces ... but when it came to shipping, they could not for the life of them manage to get a proper crate or package to make sure the items arrived safe in transit.

well Rudra is kinda like that :loco:

I notice it now also, since I have been hanging around Indian centered places.

I think lurch wants bands to have an orgy while recording or something. :loco:

This song is pretty kickass. It's not doing funny things to me like make me open up my wallet and SPEND SPEND SPEND but it's pretty cool. Neato guitar solo.