RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD

Im heading to New Zealand in a week! Go tickets for a couple of scotland games. Hope we beat england. Cant wait!

I watched romania/scotland today.....It was HOT for you !!!
(Yes, it was hot for France vs Japan too:erk:)

However, this first round was complicate for EVERY Major teams, except NZ!

Follow a sport that justifies the name Football, like Australian Rules Football. Just Kidding go Aussies!

Essendon. Big improvement from us this year. Do you follow AFL?

Yes mate - big time. You, my friend, are the arch enemy :D

15 year member of the mighty Hawthorn FC here.

Hope we can topple the Pies this weekend, although will be a huge task....

Buddy will have to kick a bag of 5+ for you blokes to get up, and whoever gets the job on cloke (Gibson?) will have to keep him to not many... I'll be hoping for a hawks upset but in reality i think we're poised for the Pies/cats grand final that looked inevitable from early in the season!

Yes mate - big time. You, my friend, are the arch enemy :D

15 year member of the mighty Hawthorn FC here.

Hope we can topple the Pies this weekend, although will be a huge task....

LOL you're not wrong! We hate Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood actually along with Collingwood, we have more rivals than anyone else. LOL. Me and my kids have been members for 4 years but I was born into an Essendon Family.

Good luck next week, tough game but I hope you beat the Magpies because I hate them more LOL........

Good question! Although I think after almost 30 years of shit, the club is starting to head in the right direction.

We're getting our shit together off the field with the new facilities and debt demolition (fighting tiger fund) and we have a good group of kids coming through together (Cotchin, Martin, Riewaldt, Lids, Vickery, Rance et al) - would expect us to play finals in the next 2 years.... although i guess the same could have been said at various points in the last 20 years! lol

Good question! Although I think after almost 30 years of shit, the club is starting to head in the right direction.

We're getting our shit together off the field with the new facilities and debt demolition (fighting tiger fund) and we have a good group of kids coming through together (Cotchin, Martin, Riewaldt, Lids, Vickery, Rance et al) - would expect us to play finals in the next 2 years.... although i guess the same could have been said at various points in the last 20 years! lol

Yeah. It would be good for the AFL to see the Tigers doing well.
We played finals this year and every expert said we had the worst list. I'm so glad Carlton got done last night, it would have been even better if they lost by 1 point.

Buddy will have to kick a bag of 5+ for you blokes to get up, and whoever gets the job on cloke (Gibson?) will have to keep him to not many... I'll be hoping for a hawks upset but in reality i think we're poised for the Pies/cats grand final that looked inevitable from early in the season!

Yeah he will have to kick 5+ as you say, but other goals will have to come from the midfield. Buddy could easily kick 5 and our whole side only kick 10 and we still get done by 6 goals.....

We will need serious contributions on the scoreboard from Rioli, Hale and the midfield eg Smith, Shiels, Puopolo, Whitecross, etc to have a serious chance.

Our biggest concern is our undersized defence..... the likes of Gibson, Schoenmakers and Murphy will get slaughtered by Cloke, Dawes and Brown if it's allowed to come out of the midfield easily.

It will be interesting to see how the bombers back up next season - matched it with the best at various times but had that shocking middle patch of the season... As an optimistic supporter of a side out of the 8, i see freo, north, us and melbourne fighting yourselves the saints and maybe even sydney for the last few spots in there...

I live in perth so would have loved to see the blues get up, if only shut up all my eagles mates! It doesnt seem fair that they can turn it around so quickly while we are still planning preseasons in September!

Oh rugby.... I see england got over Georgia? :p