Saddest Opeth songs?

Face of Melinda, To Bid You Farewell, The Night and the Silent Water, Isolation Years, all of Damnation

credence and face of melinda. the clean singing, followed by growling, followed by a solo in april ethereal. makes me feel all
emotemo4eg.gif

hours of wealth sounds like it would fit perfectly at the end of the damnation album. i think this song is a little overlooked. love the vocal melodies, lyrics, and guitar solos. very depressing, and bluesy sounding. very cool atmosphere :cool:

Face of Melinda, Requiem, Dirge for November, Credence, Patterns in the Ivy II, and To Bid You Farewell

Also, I find Moonlapse Vertigo to be quite sad (5:26-6:00). Definately not their saddest, but sad.

To Bid You Farewell. of course, Forest of October, Night & The Silent Water, When, Credence, White Cluster, Face of Melinda, Harvest, A Fair Judgment, and countless moments from Damnation and Ghost Reveries. The ending of Moonlapse Vertigo is very sad, one of the reasons why I love that song so much. The majority of Opeth's musical existence is based in sadness; Another one of their flawless qualities.