San Francisco show

BizarroHarry

New Metal Member
Dec 23, 2005
Well, apparently the club supposed to be hosting Katatonia is shutting down this coming Wednesday. Does anyone know if there'll be a replacement venue? Any info would be MUCH appreciated. I'm really hoping I won't have to drive to Los Angeles or Portland! Thanks!

that sounds like quite a dilemma...
i was planning on attending that SF show but ran into some financial problems so i'm actually still saving some money on the side hoping that i'll have enough to go, but now that i read about this problem with the venue i'm not sure if i'll risk going.

besides i'm buying everything Daylight Dies and Katatonia are selling on this tour [:D] so i guess i'll use that money for all that merch.

Yeah, I think I'll end up going to LA. I've already seen Agalloch, but Keen Of The Crow are playing here on Halloween and I'm probably going to that if I can. Also, I'd rather visit Portland than hellish downtown LA. It's a dilemma. I'm still holding out hope that they'll be playing in SF.

SF show has been moved to the Oakland Metro, which I just called to confirm with them. Still have yet to hear if advance ticket purchases will be honored...
Show date and time remain unchanged. See you guys there!

Fantastic, thanks for the update - I'm planning on being there, and glad to hear it's in the East Bay actually :p Anyone know that venue, is it any good?

Looks like Lake Merritt is the closest BART station, and that looks to be about a mile or so... so probably not entirely BARTable, but there might be a bus that'd link up or something...

elric said:
Fantastic, thanks for the update - I'm planning on being there, and glad to hear it's in the East Bay actually :p Anyone know that venue, is it any good?

Here here, better the East Bay than SF in my book. Haven't been to the Metro, but it looks quite nice on their website (www.oaklandmetro.org) ...rather intimate.

Also, spoke via email with Insipid Productions and it sounds like presale tickets will be honored at the Metro. Will call again today or tomorrow to triple check, because I don't freakin' want to show up and have to re-buy tickets, then worry about getting refunded.

A friend who's been there says it's a pretty good venue, and that she thinks there's a bus straight from Lake Merritt to the venue, or alternatively there's a parking lot right near the venue.

So very excited!

Yea... I guess I'll just order one online, don't want to deal with waiting in line too much at the venue and risking selling out or such...