Savage Circus CD

The Fiddler said:
I picked it up this week and cannot believe howmuch Jens Carlsson sounds like Hansi. You'd swear they were brothers or something. Has anyone heard a vocalist that sounds more like Hansi than Jens Carlsson? I haven't.
Man you're not kidding. This album sounds so much like BG a few albums ago that it's eerie. He doesn't have Hansi's "ballad" voice, but most of the vocals on the album are a dead ringer for Imagination-era BG, as is the song-writing, guitar sound, and pretty much everything else. It's a good CD though.

He doesn't have Hansi's "ballad" voice, but most of the vocals on the album are a dead ringer for Imagination-era BG

actually, Jens has a much better voice than Hansi for singing ballads. in fact, in my book, Jens > Hansi, in general.

jkohn said:
Man you're not kidding. This album sounds so much like BG a few albums ago that it's eerie. He doesn't have Hansi's "ballad" voice, but most of the vocals on the album are a dead ringer for Imagination-era BG, as is the song-writing, guitar sound, and pretty much everything else.

Yep, this is part of my evil plan: I was going to play a song from it on the air without announcing beforehand who it was, and then wait for the phone calls. "Was that new Blind Guardian?"
Then I could announce they're playing PPUSA. :headbang:

booB said:
He doesn't have Hansi's "ballad" voice, but most of the vocals on the album are a dead ringer for Imagination-era BG

actually, Jens has a much better voice than Hansi for singing ballads. in fact, in my book, Jens > Hansi, in general.
I'm not familiar with his previous work, but based on the Savage Circus CD I'd have to disagree. Still, I like the CD and look forward to seeing them.