Saxon doing secret gig this Friday in Lincoln

Bosnian Witchfinder said:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=60988

Saxon are doing a secret gig in Lincoln tommorow, as part of a tv documentary!
Oh Dear,This is gonna look good.Saxon playing a pokey pub.People watching this documentary are gonna think they are some sad has beens playing the pub circuit flogging a dead horse.When they are so much more than this,and if this is a secret gig how about letting the real fans know via thier website.Come on Saxon stop letting your real fans down that have supported you for many,many years,just for a bit of tv coverage.:mad:

I have been trying to ring and text Nibbs about this "gig" if i hear anything i will post it asap,but like everyone else,i am quite sad ,as like you,i am a massive fan too and will find it hard, just to get to it tomorrow!!!i was there for the Town & Country gig years back,but NOT this one.....

Totally agree with everybody elses thread so far on this one why has it not been put on the site for the real fans ( like it has been said ). Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And where is this release date for the dvd that was supposed to be rel;eased on the ninth this month again no real news on this site down to management again.

Fucking great.Lincoln is drivable for me.But its a bit late now to sort stuff out.I mean how secret is when the hardcore dont know.So saxon MIGHT be playing secret gig,who they gonna tell?No one.If they tell antone it wouldnt be a secret.

Apparently the gig is at the Duke Of Wellington, if anyone lives locally. Apparently it says something on the pubs website, but I did a quick search and couldn't see anything. I found the pub website, but didn't see any mention of the gig tonight.

If I was looking at the right pub, it is on Broadgate, about 6 minutes from the train station. It holds 120-140 people, so the chances of getting in are slim, depending on how secret the gig is of course! Still, if you live locally it might be worth going along to see if you can get in.

People have said before about wouldn't it be nice if the band did something for the hardcore fans from the website. If this is indeed happening tonight, wouldn't it have been the the perfect opportunity to invite the hardcore Saxon fans along? The fans that travel around the country and Europe to see the band. Obviously we don't know anything about tonight, and there might be a reason why we can't go along. But thats just it, we don't know ANYTHING about it! And the fact that it is being advertised as a 'mystery gig being filmed', means that it is out there in the public domain for anyone to go along to surely? I would have thought it would have been better to have the pub full of hardcore Saxon fans, rather than a bunch of people who have seen a camera crew and popped in wondering what was going on?!

But like I said, we don't know anything about tonights gig. I am sure all will be explained in due course. Yeah right! :lol:

Paxoman said:
Apparently the gig is at the Duke Of Wellington, if anyone lives locally. Apparently it says something on the pubs website, but I did a quick search and couldn't see anything. I found the pub website, but didn't see any mention of the gig tonight.

If I was looking at the right pub, it is on Broadgate, about 6 minutes from the train station. It holds 120-140 people, so the chances of getting in are slim, depending on how secret the gig is of course! Still, if you live locally it might be worth going along to see if you can get in.

People have said before about wouldn't it be nice if the band did something for the hardcore fans from the website. If this is indeed happening tonight, wouldn't it have been the the perfect opportunity to invite the hardcore Saxon fans along? The fans that travel around the country and Europe to see the band. Obviously we don't know anything about tonight, and there might be a reason why we can't go along. But thats just it, we don't know ANYTHING about it! And the fact that it is being advertised as a 'mystery gig being filmed', means that it is out there in the public domain for anyone to go along to surely? I would have thought it would have been better to have the pub full of hardcore Saxon fans, rather than a bunch of people who have seen a camera crew and popped in wondering what was going on?!

But like I said, we don't know anything about tonights gig. I am sure all will be explained in due course. Yeah right! :lol:

Well said Pax, nothing to add to that !

Except could this gig have something to do with The Da Vinci Code??? We all love a conspiracy theory and the cathedral in Lincoln was used in the movie! :lol:

I thought it'd be a Duke pub. Been there before for a Crazyhead gig years back. I would have gone for sure as its only about 40mins away, but cannot drive right now & all the people i know locally that do drive to gigs are away on holiday! This has doubly frustrated me.
The listing about the event can be found here:
http://www.bivouac.uk.com/upcomgig.html
Quite surprised its presented by Harvey Goldsmith.Thought he only did big things lol

Unfortunately I have to announce that Saxon have to cancel all festival appearances in South America due to recording commitments. Please don't book any flights. I am really sorry to have to send this news.

Thomas Jensen

Saxon Management

Unfortunately I have to announce that Saxon have had to cancel all secret pub gigs, due to it ibeing a really silly idea. Please don't book any cabs, bicycles, purchase any bus tickets or ask your mate who hates metal to drive you, so you can drink. I am really sorry to have to send this news.

Thomas Jensen

Saxon Management

liama said:
Unfortunately I have to announce that Saxon have had to cancel all secret pub gigs, due to it ibeing a really silly idea. Please don't book any cabs, bicycles, purchase any bus tickets or ask your mate who hates metal to drive you, so you can drink. I am really sorry to have to send this news.

Thomas Jensen

Saxon Management

lol:lol: :lol: why didn't I think of that

YOU LUCKY FUCKERS!:kickass:

WHOEVER IS GOING, TELL BIFF I SAID HI:heh:

Tell him, I was one of a few guys who was at the Long Island show a few years ago @ Mulcahy's that met them on the bus, and helped "move" ;) a pice of fencing so the tour bus could leave.

saxongig4.jpg

saxongig3_large.jpg