Saxon doing secret gig this Friday in Lincoln

Paxoman said:
...... Just because I've made a reservation at a restaurant, it doesn't entitle me to go and piss over someone elses dinner!

It would be great to see some young 'uns at future Saxon gigs. I was 11 at my first Saxon gig. But lets have some common sense and some respect. By all means going f*****g crazy, because I will be. But don't go slamming into people who don't want to know, or try throwing people into the middle of a mosh pit. This is all stuff I have seen many times at gigs, and always done by kids. But I havent seen it at a Saxon gig, and I don't want to thanks very much.

Although many years ago (I am 45 on 9th November !!) bottles of p!ss being thrown amongst the throng was a regular feature of a metal gig in my youth (better than the gobbing / phlegming at the punk gigs of the same era !). My tour jackets can stand up on their own due to the amount of p!ss they have soaked up over the years (and I can now get a seat on the Tube because of the stench !!). They are now so old and shrunken / I have got so fat - it looks like I have nicked them from a child ! I have had many bottles of p!ss shatter on my German steel helmet at AC/DC, Saxon and Iron Maiden gigs in the past. Remember the mayhem at Donnington / Reading etc. in the halcyon days gone by when there were bottle fights between the different stages ? I got hit on the head by a Swede (vegetable - not nationality Metal Dude !) when Gillan was on stage with Black Sabbath in ’83.

I look forward to seeing a new generation of fans at future Saxon gigs. However - be warned ! We “old ‘uns” have been there, seen it and done it - and know all the tricks ! If anyone crowd surfs above us - beware of the consequences !!
:headbang: :headbang:
“Staying out all night
Learning to fight
I got the dirty
I was tough, I was mean …

When we learn to fight
When we start to roam
Then you'd better stay home …

'Cause I'm a member of the street elite
You know it's trouble to all we meet…

I'm in a street fighting gang
Street fighting gang
I'm in a gang
The gang.”

(Only joking !)

Welcome to a fantastic experience. Saxon are the very best live band around - and the fans, as you can see from this Board, are a close knit Family. You can meet a Saxon fan at a gig - and be friends for life.

See you at the front :headbang: :headbang:

Cheers,

Goss.

Paxoman said:
Fair enough points MrO. Glad you enjoyed it and hopefully you'll go and see Saxon when they tour next year.

And buy some CDs.

If you get a room full of kiddiwinks and and key them up (how did they manage to lure all these people to this venue? What exactly were they promised?), they will jump around like idiots and "have a great time".

However, if you got that exact audience back next week and put Justin Timberlake in front of them, they would go fucking mental again. (Apart from the bloke in the "Killing Ground" t-shirt!)

I wonder how many of them actually went out and bought some of the music? Or will trek half-way across the fucking country to see them play the nearest "local venue" in March? I think we all know the answer to that.
They'll go to the roller-disco or whatever else is on that night, for free, where all their mates are going to be.

It takes more to win new fans than doing "secret" shows for kiddies who were probably only there so they could get on telly.

Cheers saxonized for the response.
Pax & Sammi i agree everyone should not have their enjoyment of a gig ruined by anyone. Yep and a kick in the face or bottle of piss & swede would slighlty dent my enjoyment:lol. The biggest idiots are those who deliberatlely go out to hurt people and as you say impose their style onto someone elses space. SAXONIZED! My mate said that it was very wild but controlled was this your opinion? He said that people were surfing, falling down & picking each other up. No hint of anamosity at all or violence.

saxonmckenz said:
Goss i will c u in Dublin?

I am hoping to go to the Dublin gig, and all the Saxon UK gigs that I can (plus several across the Channel including Berlin). However, I am waiting for the dates of a Karnataka tour in March to be advised before I book my tickets and flights.

http://www.karnataka.34sp.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karnataka_(band)

http://home.hetnet.nl/~nickgielkens/who_karnataka.htm

Karnataka are a fantastic prog rock band who I saw 132 times between 2001 and 2004 when they split up. They have recently been regenerated, and hopefully their March gigs will not clash with Saxon !!

Hope to find out within the next few weeks and will let you, Paxo, Sammi, Brett etc. know my movements then.

Cheers,

Goss.:headbang: :headbang:

So Channel 4 are doing a documentary on our boys are they.!?
I remember very well a few years ago they did the same thing with Brian Connolly of The Sweet called 'Don't Leave Me This Way.'
As some of you may know Brian was not well in the later years of His life but He still continued to play gigs.
Channel 4 followed Him for several weeks and interviewed Andy Scott for many hours.
When it was shown they absolutely slated Brian.They made the whole thing appear to be a sad sick rockstar hawking Himself around playing crap venues to an unapprechiative audience.They used about 2 minutes of Andy's interview and only chose the bits where He appeared to slag Brian off but it was totaly out of context as I have seen the full recording.
This really upset Brian and may have eventualy helped towards His untimley death.
I just hope Saxon watch this programme BEFORE it goes out and have their lawers ready.
I hope I'm wrong.

Now I can understand people getting pissed off a bit over this but like you already now know it wasn't Saxon or their management that arranged the gig but Channel 4 for this Harvey Goldsmith program. So cut them some slack!

If the net result was that the band got more popular and got to play bigger venues again and put on a bigger and better show would you hate that? I think not! This is an interesting move on Channel 4's part and I think that you should take a step back and think about this - they think Saxon are a good enough band that should warrant more attention from people in the UK today not just the die hard fans. Now that isn't a slight against you guys it is if anything saying that you lot know a good thing and always have done! But if it opens up the doors to more exposure for a kick ass metal band that otherwise gets little to no TV/Radio/Press exposure - what is wrong in that?

Gripes about the management and dissemination of information aside - another issue! - the Channel 4 thing is probably one of the most positive things to happen in Saxon's history for a long time in the UK.

Blastfromthepast said:
Now I can understand people getting pissed off a bit over this but like you already now know it wasn't Saxon or their management that arranged the gig but Channel 4 for this Harvey Goldsmith program. So cut them some slack!

If the net result was that the band got more popular and got to play bigger venues again and put on a bigger and better show would you hate that? I think not! This is an interesting move on Channel 4's part and I think that you should take a step back and think about this - they think Saxon are a good enough band that should warrant more attention from people in the UK today not just the die hard fans. Now that isn't a slight against you guys it is if anything saying that you lot know a good thing and always have done! But if it opens up the doors to more exposure for a kick ass metal band that otherwise gets little to no TV/Radio/Press exposure - what is wrong in that?

Gripes about the management and dissemination of information aside - another issue! - the Channel 4 thing is probably one of the most positive things to happen in Saxon's history for a long time in the UK.

Well, time will tell, won't it? :Smug:

True - just give it chance to happen! We have a tendancy in the UK to be damned if we do and damned if we don't! So keep an open mind and see what happens!

I would refer the right-honorable gentleman to my previous replies.
(As they say in the House, in between flogging off peerages and starting wars under false pretences)