Say hello to the new CONFIRMATION

The more I listen to this band (watching various YouTube videos), the more they sound like a traditional metal band. Not power, not prog, not death, etc. - just a traditional metal band. I like what I hear, but I'm wondering how they fit in the "ProgPower" scheme of things? :Smug:

they don't*, embrace the oddball--think outside the box. :headbang:

*unless you want to compare Mustasch being awesome, and Power and Prog Metal being awesome--then it fits perfectly.

I'm trying to think what Saint Deamon reminds me off, Malmsteen meets Rob Rock? Liking them more each time I spin their cd.

Have you ever heard of or listened to Dionysus? The drummer and guitarist are the main members of Dionysus and the songs remind me a lot of their other band.

If you haven't heard Dionysus, they sound a lot like Saint Daemon but with Olaf Hayer (of Luca Turilli) on vocals.

Have you ever heard of or listened to Dionysus? The drummer and guitarist are the main members of Dionysus and the songs remind me a lot of their other band.

If you haven't heard Dionysus, they sound a lot like Saint Daemon but with Olaf Hayer (of Luca Turilli) on vocals.

I haven't heard of them, I'll have to check them out. Thanks.

they don't*, embrace the oddball--think outside the box. :headbang:

*unless you want to compare Mustasch being awesome, and Power and Prog Metal being awesome--then it fits perfectly.

Mustasch is a good band - don't get me wrong. But this band doesn't have the WTF factor that Volbeat had IMHO.

Then again, how much WTF are you going to get now that we've seen Freak Kitchen? :loco:

I couldn't resist and I checked the samples...

Congratulations to Glenn on getting a replacement that will make many happy. I'm real happy for the fans of Mustasch.

However, I honestly didn't really get into what I heard. I think Volbeat is so much better. Maybe I'll check out a song or two at the fest and see if they'll win me over during their live performance.

Am I the only one who didn't like the replacements? Man, I hate to sound like a whiny little bitch.... :lol:

I couldn't resist and I checked the samples...

Congratulations to Glenn on getting a replacement that will make many happy. I'm real happy for the fans of Mustasch.

However, I honestly didn't really get into what I heard. I think Volbeat is so much better. Maybe I'll check out a song or two at the fest and see if they'll win me over during their live performance.

Am I the only one who didn't like the replacements? Man, I hate to sound like a whiny little bitch.... :lol:

I am in that boat as well. I greatly preferred the originals over the replacements, but to each his own.

I am in that boat as well. I greatly preferred the originals over the replacements, but to each his own.

Don't mind him, he's just drunk--he'll say the right thing tomorrow or have already forgotten he said anything at all. :lol:

I take it this is the Freak Kitchen type band of this festival? More variety, at least.:cool:

yep this would be the oddball band, much like Freak Kitchen, Devin Townsend, etc.

Admittedly I have not heard much of their catalogue...but what I hear I like. I have not seen anyone liken them to Spiritual Beggars or The Mushroom River Band but I think the lead singer sounds quite a bit like Spice from these bands. Looking forward to checking them out in ATL!!!

Any of you people who like the similarities between Mustasch's vocalist and Astbury/Danzig should really check out a band called Murder by Death. They're not metal, but the vocalist sounds like a mix of Astbury/Danzig/Cash.