say something about ... yourself!

I shoulda skipped work today. Hangover. Birthday party last night. Another one tonight. Bigger one. Oh boy....

So as much as I hate my work, something interesting happened today:

So as soon as I got to work, about a half an hour late due to the weather, it REALLY started snowing. Like blizzard hard. Now, the last time we had a real snow storm it took me 6, count 'em 6, hours to get home, so I was starting to think that maybe I should look into leaving work early. I call one of my managers (the managers are never there btw), and start talking to her about the possibility of me leaving. She's all "oh its only supposed to snow for a little while then it will rain)". After a little while, it doesn't look like the snowfalls getting any lighter, on the contrary, it was getting heavier. I called my mom and asked her to find the hourly weather on weather.com, and sure enough, it was snow all day, which meant that the roads were only going to get worse. So I called my manager again and after a little while, the convo ended something like this:

Manager: "Max, you're staying."
(at this point I was really tempted to say "O Rly?")
Max: Its just that its obviously only going to get worse out there, I already have a long commute, and I don't really want to spend 6 hours trying to get home again."
Manager: "You won't"
(blah blah blah i checked the weather blah blah)
Manager: "Max, if you stay, I will give you an extra 200 bucks"
Max: "...

Seriously?"
Manager: Yes.
Max: "Okay, guess im gonna stay!"
Manager: "Okay, bye bye"