say something about ... yourself!

dune-cat.jpg

Thar you go! Though the one I saw just said "The spice must flow", it was funnier.

i fucking LOVE the scene where Clooney gets back tot eh hotel room to find that Tarrantino slaughtered the one woman, but they don't SHOW the murder scene... just individual frames for a split second at a time. good god, that is good stuff

Do yourself a favor and read the novel. The Lynch film is entertaining but dreadful as far as accuracy. The SciFi mini was more accurate but lacked the melodrama that made the movie fun.

But to answer your question - the excretions of the juvenile form of the sandworm (sandtrout), when exposed to water, form a "pre-spice mass" deep under the sand. The chemical reaction produces a buildup of gas, eventually leading to a spice blow, which distributes the raw spice across an area of desert. The exposure to air and sunlight transforms the raw spice into a human consumable form.

yeah, my favorite was probably the Living with Pain one, pretty much any story that actually makes batman out to be human, they're badass

Do yourself a favor and read the novel. The Lynch film is entertaining but dreadful as far as accuracy. The SciFi mini was more accurate but lacked the melodrama that made the movie fun.

But to answer your question - the excretions of the juvenile form of the sandworm (sandtrout), when exposed to water, form a "pre-spice mass" deep under the sand. The chemical reaction produces a buildup of gas, eventually leading to a spice blow, which distributes the raw spice across an area of desert. The exposure to air and sunlight transforms the raw spice into a human consumable form.

Someone else just demanded I read the novel. So, that'll be next on my list. Just a weird weird movie.