say something about ... yourself!

Got a ticket on my way home for a good $250. Some fuck-ass decided it'd be funny to cover a school-zone sign with a construction sign. Didn't see it, got caught doing 50km/h in a school zone (30km/h).

I told the cop this, he goes takes his car down there while I stay where he parked me, comes back and apologizes but said because I live near I should know better, and wrote me the ticket anyway.

...So I'm sitting here rolling all my coin. So far I'm at $160, so it's not that bad.

Everything happens for a reason man. Look at this as a chance to find something better. Don't let it get you down. Any place that would fire you for a simple mistake like that is fucked anyways.

Remember our chat last night. Everything's gonna be cool man... on the bright side... you don't have to stress about that job any more :)

I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't my fault because the fucking thing was in align mode. There was no beeping indicating the wheel could have turned.

They want to hold a meeting with me. Me, my supervisor, my managers, the district manager, and an even higher up.

I can't wait to tell them I was supposed to be off that day but I ended up staying 9 hours without a break putting a truck up by myself because someone quit and someone else was given permission to leave.

District manager does cocaine, that's a fact. He doesn't know I know, but I know from a friend who works at a different Circuit City. I also know several people at that store do drugs, if they want to drug test me this information is going to be let out. Then the DM can take his.

I'm about to fuck everyone's shit up. And if they still want me to work, it's gonna have to be truck days. Two days a week. Fuck that job. I only have it because I want a girlfriend, not money, fuck money. And since I'm failing horribly at the former, I don't care anymore.

fuck, john, that's insane. seriously, if they fire you for something that's not even your fault when you've had no prior problems there, it seems like you're better off out of that place.

i mean, if they have that meeting and decide that you can come back that's good too, since having a job is always good, but... have you been looking for jobs elsewhere?

also - i was reading a book and really getting into it, then i get home and realize i fucking left it at work. FUCK!

Surely those two things are directly correlational though :p

They are here in most cases.

fuck, john, that's insane. seriously, if they fire you for something that's not even your fault when you've had no prior problems there, it seems like you're better off out of that place.

i mean, if they have that meeting and decide that you can come back that's good too, since having a job is always good, but... have you been looking for jobs elsewhere?

also - i was reading a book and really getting into it, then i get home and realize i fucking left it at work. FUCK!

If I come back, it's gonna be with much less hours. Isn't it illegal to have someone work a certain amount of time with no lunch break? I hope I can get them for that. I don't need that job, that job needs me. Supervisor says I'm his right hand man and I work harder than everyone, the higher ups need to realize it.

Fuck spacers.

I have had a fucking spoonful of peanut butter, some water, and some applesauce and am trying to eat this soup.

EATING FUCKING APPLE-SAUCE SHOULD NEVER HURT THIS BAD.

Fuck, at least due to popular opinion from brace friends, this week of spacers and the first week of braces are as bad as it gets.

Big hugs to Tyler

And Big Hugs to John.

John it is illegal, at least it was in Maryland, but I'm pretty sure it's close to that in most other states, to work someone without lunch. Lets see, the thing I read awhile back stated that employees are entitled for a break for every 6 hours of work. That way a person can rest their feet, grab a snack or something to eat, and recharge themselves. This is especially true if your on your feet all the time.

Actually, in research this week for the company, we did find out that Texas, along with Utah and a few other states, have no specific break laws. In other words, they don't have to give you a break. They can also keep you there for up to 24 hours no problem.

Also, most places would fire you for that. I would(and do). Damage costs. Those shelve sections are worth more than your weeks pay, and the labor needed to replace them also equates in high. The stockpicker is also quite a costly piece of equipment, and a place like Circuit City will have an eye from OSHA watching them at all times. Equipment has to stay in a certain OSHA standard manner and if the hit made something that was OSHA standard non-OSHA standard, it's a real pain in the ass to return it that way. Depending on the type of stockpicker, an error like that would only result from 2 things: Human Error, something blocking the tires from truly aligning, which typically is the result of human error. Well, and 3rd: Complete machine meltdown. You would know if it was the third.

They'll drug test you, of course. Saying the district manager is on cocaine to everybody, however, is an extremely bad option. He can, and will, bring you to the court of law, and only have to present a clean drug test from company records.

Welcome to physical labor.

Actually, in research this week for the company, we did find out that Texas, along with Utah and a few other states, have no specific break laws. In other words, they don't have to give you a break. They can also keep you there for up to 24 hours no problem.

Also, most places would fire you for that. I would(and do). Damage costs. Those shelve sections are worth more than your weeks pay, and the labor needed to replace them also equates in high. The stockpicker is also quite a costly piece of equipment, and a place like Circuit City will have an eye from OSHA watching them at all times. Equipment has to stay in a certain OSHA standard manner and if the hit made something that was OSHA standard non-OSHA standard, it's a real pain in the ass to return it that way. Depending on the type of stockpicker, an error like that would only result from 2 things: Human Error, something blocking the tires from truly aligning, which typically is the result of human error. Well, and 3rd: Complete machine meltdown. You would know if it was the third.

They'll drug test you, of course. Saying the district manager is on cocaine to everybody, however, is an extremely bad option. He can, and will, bring you to the court of law, and only have to present a clean drug test from company records.

That's pretty sad :( I'm shocked to hear that they can keep you there for 24 hours. I hope they pay over time at least.

Now, I've stayed at work for as long as 48 hours straight before, give or take a few, but my job was a little different in that I wasn't on my feet and when an old lady is sick, she can't be left alone what so ever, and no one could cover for me, so it was a specific situation. Of course you sit on your ass and do what ever until she needs something, so it wasn't like I was on my feet the whole time. The only miserable part about it was sleep deprivation.

Thanks Eric, that helped a lot. Perhaps I'll invest in a detox kit but if I really can't be narrowed to only truck days, I'm done with that place.

Like I said, 12 hours, putting a truck up by myself when theres a standard minimum requirement of 5 people, it's fucked.\

I insist it was the stockpickers fault and not mine, though. The fucking thing was on align mode, not free roam.

@ Morgana

Sad? Fuck that. It allows me to use: "Consiga sus asnos que mueven o usted tiene que ahogar su alimento que jode en 3 minutos." (Get your asses moving or you're going to have to squeeze your food down in 3 minutes) and not have to worry. Fuck yeah for lacking labor laws!

We do pay overtime, of course, and the 30 minute lunch is an unpaid period, so if the need to make them (as in lesser beings) work for that time, we do have to pay them 30 minutes overtime, unless they leave early.

Fuck them though, I make salary.

@ Morgana

Sad? Fuck that. It allows me to use: "Consiga sus asnos que mueven o usted tiene que ahogar su alimento que jode en 3 minutos." (Get your asses moving or you're going to have to squeeze your food down in 3 minutes) and not have to worry. Fuck yeah for lacking labor laws!

We do pay overtime, of course, and the 30 minute lunch is an unpaid period, so if the need to make them (as in lesser beings) work for that time, we do have to pay them 30 minutes overtime, unless they leave early.

Fuck them though, I make salary.

Great attitude!

I'm angry. I can't go to the Halloween party tomorrow because I have an investigation up north somewhere. What in the fuck am I going to do with a skirt thingy and a pair of 5" Stilettos? I suppose there is always next year....I was sure that I was going to get chicks if I dressed up as a goth hooker, too.